⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

My problems so far with Vortex

Arcanant

• 1 month later...

Had an issue where import from NMM imported mods into plug-ins, most notably truestorms.esm. After installing truestorms again, even had to resolve the conflict from the esm in mods and the esm in plug-ins. Just thought you would like to know. Thanks!

So what exactly is (or was) the problem?

• 5 months later...

i am going to be honest I tried to launch f4se from vortex 4 times and each time for 20 minutes i got a blank black screen before i had to use task manager to shut it down. HOWEVER when launching f4se from the fallout directory it gave me that same screen for 10-15 secound and then loaded the fallout 4 main menu.

if vortex is still an alpha/beta why was the original nexusmods manager download stoped it just seems like it would have been easier to transition from it to vortex after vortex is out of alpha/beta testing. now i am just having issue after issue which is not making it very useful to me. but thats my opinion

i am going to be honest I tried to launch f4se from vortex 4 times and each time for 20 minutes i got a blank black screen before i had to use task manager to shut it down. HOWEVER when launching f4se from the fallout directory it gave me that same screen for 10-15 secound and then loaded the fallout 4 main menu.

if vortex is still an alpha/beta why was the original nexusmods manager download stoped it just seems like it would have been easier to transition from it to vortex after vortex is out of alpha/beta testing. now i am just having issue after issue which is not making it very useful to me. but thats my opinion

Are you simply expressing an opinion, or do you also want some help with your F4SE issue? If the latter, please provide more information using the guidelines found here: How to Request Vortex Support.

You may want to start a new thread.

NMM is still in BETA, so what's the big deal?

In order to launch F4SE from Vortex you need to have F4SE installed correctly.

Per the instructions...

F4SE install

[ Installation ]
1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Fallout 4 directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\. If you see files named Fallout4 and Fallout4_Launcher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.
2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of F4SE.
Then you set up your Dashboard like this
Your Path will be different

TARGET - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4\f4se_loader.exe

START IN - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4
People usually always set up the TARGET and START IN, incorrectly, then blame Vortex instead, while waxing lyrical about NMM