ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Shezarrine: The Fate of Tamriel (Spoiler thread)

anbeegod

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi! i really like this but one complaint is that Ingvi just seems to come and go too quickly so we never really get a real sense of what her true thoughts are and just how much she truly despises the corruption in tamnriel

You can ask her about her mission in High Rock. She will tell you how she witnessed the failure of the aristocracy of High Rock, and grew to hate its corruption.

I had to limit her part in the prologue in one quest, as an in-depth exploration of her mindset would require me to write as much as I had for Onmund. She will appear again in the last chapter, unless you have killed her in the prologue.

Maybe someday I will write a novel about her, but it would be unlikely until we finish the whole series of the mod.

How is progress going with this mod Anbee? And are there plans to have Onmund more intractable with other followers that have been released? I don't know what's going on, it has been a while, but I want to say thank you for your work, and I hope you are able to finish this project. I have been playing with other follower mods that have come out and or got massive updates, and I want to tell you. That even now, what you have done here with this mod, with Onmund is an example of truly bringing a character to life as a person and not just a companion to compliment the adventure or optional content to unlock.

I find myself, when I don't have this mod installed (play with Mod organizer so some profiles don't have Shezz installed) missing reactions and opinions and or outlooks on the things I have done, the smaller quest the little things that often overlooked by other companions. I find myself missing the tension and urgency to what's happening around me that feels more alive just by Onmund being there. I also miss the genuine debates, I like being able to argue with my followers but not the disagreement part per say but more having my own reason to do something and my companion and or friend having a different reason for being apart of it or choosing not to be a part of it at all.

You can agree to do the same task but have different reasons for doing so, or disagree but still work together, strength in resolve and knowing where people stand is a good thing. I like that level of attention because it is often a form of respect, not only for the character your playing but the follower that with you. A follower that is ok with everything you do I respect less because it feels like they have no respect for themselves. Just as I often dislike a follower that is not aware of the things you are doing or is only about their task and nothing more. I hate when it feels like the player has to mold themselves to the follower's narrative to the point it feels like who the player is and what they have done and why is ignored. Many followers I feel make the mistake of talking at you but not to you.

I say all this because I find this mod to be one of very few to make these mistakes the least in most cases or not at all in others. I hope what I'm saying makes sense, but I just hope that you will be able to finish this project because I don't know if it's been said enough, but what your doing here really is a one of a kind and very well done. Thank you

Edited by Yueviathan

Hello :D I am about to finish An Eye For An Eye but not sure why I can't choose from any conversation option from Ingvi? It doesn't matter whtether I want her defeated or ascended :sad: Is there any setstage command I may use?

What follower mod are you using? I use AFT and had this issue a few times but manage to fix it on my own. I hope you have a save that is right before you encounter her, because that will help. One way to fix it is to reload before encountering her and making sure Onmund is not following you. You can also use console click on her, type disable then type enable to see if the options change. and another way I fix it is well there was a mod I had installed that I didn't realize causes issues. The mod " To your face" or any mod that changes when an NPC talks to you can cause issues with shez. There are dialogs that need to trigger without interruption, and mods like To your face, interrupt the flow of some dialogs thus causing Onmund of ingv to not be responsive or to have missing dialog trees. So check your load order for any mods that may do these type of things. This is what helped me but if none of this helps, my apologies. Hope all the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, liking this mod a lot but got a problem.

I am in the meeting place after defeating Ancano. You know, the staff of Magnus dragging you to the realm that looks like the inside of a soul gem. Listened to the conversations Onmund has with the commander and then with Ingvi, then spoke with them both, saved after each dialogue and tried different conversation order to see if it would complete but no luck and I cannot leave. Been trying repeatedly for the last 3 hours this time after multiple playthroughs since getting this mod, tried reloading and repeat numerous times and no luck. This doesn't seem to be a quest and so wondering if there is a console code to leave this place or if the dialogues need to be in a particular order to progress and if so, what is the order? Last time I had to disable the mod at an earlier save and I really don't want to have do that again. Thanks.

Can't edit last post on phone but finally got past the meeting place bit, spoke with Ingvi briefly about her mission and the noble assholes and then spoke to Onmund and the next bit started and he moved us all to his and Ingvi's home and wow, their parents, damn that was horrible what I learned about them, once past that learning what Ingvi had done was amazing so well done, I let her live and do what she must, as the dragonborn I can understand that. Now midway investigating a serial killer in Windhelm he stopped me near the market and proposed, think shame it wasn't in the rift, market isn't really romantic. Gonna make a note of how to get past the meeting place for next time.

Can't edit last post on phone but finally got past the meeting place bit, spoke with Ingvi briefly about her mission and the noble assholes and then spoke to Onmund and the next bit started and he moved us all to his and Ingvi's home and wow, their parents, damn that was horrible what I learned about them, once past that learning what Ingvi had done was amazing so well done, I let her live and do what she must, as the dragonborn I can understand that. Now midway investigating a serial killer in Windhelm he stopped me near the market and proposed, think shame it wasn't in the rift, market isn't really romantic. Gonna make a note of how to get past the meeting place for next time.

Do you know how you got past the meeting place bit? I've been stuck there for hours, reloaded (from before the final fight with Ancano) 5 times, and each time he talks to his commander, then his sister, then I get the option to talk to both of them but there's never a point at which he mentions getting us out of there or there's any opportunity to leave.