Skyrim Main Quest Overhaul [WIP]

behughes

I've always thought that it would be really great for a choice to become "Dragon-Friend" (Dovahfahdon) and be buds with the dragons (like being a greybeard), "Dragon-Slayer" (Dovahkriid) and be a dragon murderer (like being a blade) or being neutral and just being the Dovahkiin. Like if you were Dovahfahdon you could become a dragon priest and have all sorts of crazy shouts and stuff. To be Dovahfahdon you would spare Mirmulnir and simply "persuade" him using the voice. You would still end up killing Alduin, as not to conflict with the end, but it would be for other reasons, like dragon infighting or something? Because as Dovahfahdon you would be considered by dragons as being a dragon. But if you were Dovahkriid you would get great weapons and armor and stuff instead of shouts and dragon priest abilities. I admit Dovahfahdon is a bit more fleshed out than Dovahkriid, because Dovahkriid is pretty much how the Dragonborn acts in Vanilla. I think this would make the dragon priests a lot more interesting, maybe including a boss fight with Konahrik? Just an idea, because it might be really hard to implement.

Edited by CashBurns

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great that this is still ongoing, because to be honest, a project like this is essential. The main questline was in dire need of improvement from day one. I'm really interested in seeing what direction you guys will take.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've checked in, so I thought I'd post a quick update and reply to a few of the more recent posts.

As for our progress, there isn't much to report, other than to say that JibstaMan, myself, and the rest of the team have been working on a Blades-related side project for the past few months. Jibs is a bit tied up with school at the moment, so things there are at a stand-still. That project is a bit hush-hush though, so I won't say more than that.

With all that said, SMQO has been at a standstill. Personally, I'd like to continue developing my ideas for the Dragonsreach expansion, improved Lydia, better pacing on the introductory quests, and what-have-you... I'm ready to go with stories written, and I've worked out a solid process for voicing vanilla characters as necessity demands. I just need someone who can script and do some of the more complicated CK work to help get it off the ground, as I've definitely hit a wall in that department. My ideas have gone through numerous re-writes, which means I have lots to draw from... so we can make it as simple or as crazy was we want. If anyone is interested in helping me there, please post, PM, or email me!

I've always thought that it would be really great for a choice to become "Dragon-Friend" (Dovahfahdon) and be buds with the dragons (like being a greybeard), "Dragon-Slayer" (Dovahkriid) and be a dragon murderer (like being a blade) or being neutral and just being the Dovahkiin. Like if you were Dovahfahdon you could become a dragon priest and have all sorts of crazy shouts and stuff. To be Dovahfahdon you would spare Mirmulnir and simply "persuade" him using the voice. You would still end up killing Alduin, as not to conflict with the end, but it would be for other reasons, like dragon infighting or something? Because as Dovahfahdon you would be considered by dragons as being a dragon. But if you were Dovahkriid you would get great weapons and armor and stuff instead of shouts and dragon priest abilities. I admit Dovahfahdon is a bit more fleshed out than Dovahkriid, because Dovahkriid is pretty much how the Dragonborn acts in Vanilla. I think this would make the dragon priests a lot more interesting, maybe including a boss fight with Konahrik? Just an idea, because it might be really hard to implement.

Originally, we had some stuff written for this. We created an entire faction that would serve as an alternative to the Blades if you choose the "Dovahfahdon" path, since the Greybeards are more of a support group and can't help you fight Alduin or the dragons who follow him. Ultimately, it got cut, along with a lot of other stuff. Instead, we came up with a quest with for convincing the Blades that Paarthurnax and the "friendly" dragons can be trusted. Not sure if that'll ever come to fruition, but there you go...

It's great that this is still ongoing, because to be honest, a project like this is essential. The main questline was in dire need of improvement from day one. I'm really interested in seeing what direction you guys will take.

Following.

This looks like an absolutely ace mod, can't wait for the release.

Cheers, mate(s).

Thanks! The release may be a way off though, unless we can get more people involved. Shoot me an email/PM and let me know if you're interested in helping out in any way... we're always welcoming new blood!

I really would like to know more about this. Seem interesting to say the least. The main quest to me is extremely lacking.

If you have any questions, ask away :geek:

That's all I've got for now. Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions!

• 2 months later...

has anyone said that the season unending quest makes no sense?

id love a rewrite cos;

if bulgruff 'refuses the legions right to garrison troops in his city' then he has already stood against the empire, weather or not he joins ulfric. so right off the bat the premise is bullshit.

at the peace council, the point is to get them to agree to leave whiterun alone. not trade land or demand compensation. even when esbern stands up and tells them that alduin is more important than there s#*!, they go right back to debating their s#*!. the only dialog option the player should need here would be along the lines of 'knock this off u f*#@ing children, the worlds end is imminent! grow up and agree to stop fighting for 5 minuets so i can go risk my life to save u idiots'....just, u know, more lore friendly

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...