How To Rollback Fallout 4 Version (Steam)

DiabloInvictus

These are the most concise instructions I've seen, and DiabloInvictus, you are to be commended! I've had to use this twice now, and you made it simple, quick, and easy.

App ID: 377160

Depot ID:377162

Manifest ID:883559999634905832

The above items are from the Oct 3 2018 update, didn't see on your list. (This also happens to be the date of the last correctly working update of Looks Menu)

You have my very grateful thanks!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the most concise instructions I've seen, and DiabloInvictus, you are to be commended! I've had to use this twice now, and you made it simple, quick, and easy.

App ID: 377160

Depot ID:377162

Manifest ID:883559999634905832

The above items are from the Oct 3 2018 update, didn't see on your list. (This also happens to be the date of the last correctly working update of Looks Menu)

You have my very grateful thanks!!

Thanks! I haven't been playing this game since a month after the last update I made for this guide, therefore unable to keep up with the Fallout game version updates. Surely enough, once I find the time, I will come back to update this and try to ensure this stays updated every now and then.

Edited by DiabloInvictus

Also, once again for anyone who is reading this:

This guide is mainly geared towards anyone who does not have backups of their Fallout 4 game exe because they either forgot to or downloaded a fresh installation of the game.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR EXE FILE, EVEN WHEN YOU'RE USING THIS GUIDE TO REVERT BACK TO OLDER VERSIONS.

I recommend this mod tool to auto-backup your game file, if you happen to neglect to do so manually:

Fallout4.exe Auto-Backup:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26956?tab=posts

REQUIRES Fallout 4 Script Extender:

https://f4se.silverlock.org/

You must run the F4SE Loader executable in order for the Auto-Backup plugin to work. Once you run the F4SE Loader, it will auto-generate a folder inside your root game folder (where your original Fallout 4 game exe is located) with a backup exe.

This guide is mainly geared towards anyone who does not have backups of their Fallout 4 game exe because they either forgot to or downloaded a fresh installation of the game.

Yeah, I made it my business to store backups. I'd like to add that version dependent mods should also be stored in the same folder. Otherwise, and if the mod authors already updated without making older version available, nothing is gained by simply storing the exe.

In my case F4SE, obviously, Looks Menu, AAF and MCM.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder that another f4se-breaker is incoming. Get ready for it. Make sure you have your exe backup (Probably Fallout4.esm, too, for good measure), your auto-update is disabled, your steam is in offline mode, your shelter has enough cans of beans, or whatever else you do to prepare for the future.

Yeah, I made it my business to store backups. I'd like to add that version dependent mods should also be stored in the same folder. Otherwise, and if the mod authors already updated without making older version available, nothing is gained by simply storing the exe.

In my case F4SE, obviously, Looks Menu, AAF and MCM.

Got it all stored and steam is advised to only update when the game is started. Which it isn't, far as steam is concerned, since I only use F4SE.

So, great, more CC bloatware on the horizon.

Supposedly it will add the F3 GNR location in some form. And also something about retaking Quincy, and some settlements? I see a shitload of mod conflicts incoming, and probably also some new engine-level hacks to make settlements work from within an ESL.

Supposedly it will add the F3 GNR location in some form. And also something about retaking Quincy, and some settlements? I see a shitload of mod conflicts incoming, and probably also some new engine-level hacks to make settlements work from within an ESL.

I don't think they will add that kind of stuff under their own steam. No money to be made, after all. Probably some CC stuff that you will have to pay for.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. CC paid mods with this stuff. However, the CC is the only thing they ever change the engine for, so they will most certainly do it again. And if CC mods touch vanilla locations, then it will probably cause conflicts. And since you aren't supposed to be able to deactivate CC mods, I expect a lot of whining like "YOUR MOD BROKE MY GAME IT CONFLICTS WITH TEH CC!!1", too.

This is where I have my information from btw:

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5jWjY2Fd0OMOT9LeysQ2Hu/creation-club-anniversary-sale

Yes, that's what I was talking about. CC paid mods with this stuff. However, the CC is the only thing they ever change the engine for, so they will most certainly do it again. And if CC mods touch vanilla locations, then it will probably cause conflicts. And since you aren't supposed to be able to deactivate CC mods, I expect a lot of whining like "YOUR MOD BROKE MY GAME IT CONFLICTS WITH TEH CC!!1", too.

The big question is, if it fiddles with your game files without buying and installing that crap.

In any case, I have stored the exes, F4SE and all the relevant mods in case steam forces an update on me. I don't update if I can help it, but if the steam client updates it usually discards my settings and force feeds me a hit and run update of FO4. I tend to delete that CC bloatware anyway, since it takes hundreds of megabytes of valuable disk space for nothing.

Edited by cossayos