Please, Seperate Skyrim VR and SkyRim SE sections

HadToRegister

By "Skyrim VR," do you mean Skyrim SE that's running on some sort of virtual reality system? If so, there's no need to set up a separate category just to accommodate a gaming system rather than an actual new-and-different version of the game. The site code allows modders to add a new game category when they upload their first mod for the game, if we haven't already done so. This way, modders don't have to wait to upload mods for the latest and greatest game ever.

No.skyrim vr is an official new bethesda release. Has different exe file. Different updates. Cost 60 bucks separate. It is not skyrim se though it shares somes files. But also has additional files unique to it.

Although it's one of now almost uncountable iterations, Skyrim VR is a "new" game regarding files.

Some files are the same as in SE-Edition, but obviously there had to be some changes to make the game work with VR headsets and VR controllers.

Texture packs should work fine (mostly) but consider for example UI Mods.

Since there's a different interface these don't work.

There will be a whole lot of other mods that won't work.

So I second the request to make separate "Skyrim VR" and "Fallout 4 VR" categories.

So if you download from there you can be sure the mod is running fine with the VR variant.

Of course it wouldn't make sense for modders to publish their mods in both categories (if they should work with both versions).

You would have hundreds/thousands of duplicates.

I think the best approach would be to make VR categories and allow mods to have a tagging option for compatibility.

E.g. with Skyrim there should be tick boxes for "Skyrim", "Skyrim SE" and "Skyrim VR".

So if a mod author sets a checkmark for "SE" and "VR" it should be listed in both categories but of course the mod page itself only exists once.

If you would like to go all out even add tick boxes for the major VR systems - Oculus, VIVE, Windows MR

It might be that there are mods only for one specific VR system, e.g. if someone was to mod the controle scheme of the Oculus Touch Cointrollers - as it happened with Fallout 4 VR.

Of course please allow us to use filters in search, so that I could look for "Sykrim VR" and "Rift" and be shown Rift-specific mods for Skyrim VR.

By "Skyrim VR," do you mean Skyrim SE that's running on some sort of virtual reality system? If so, there's no need to set up a separate category just to accommodate a gaming system rather than an actual new-and-different version of the game. The site code allows modders to add a new game category when they upload their first mod for the game, if we haven't already done so. This way, modders don't have to wait to upload mods for the latest and greatest game ever.

No I mean SKyRim VR, and there IS Need for a separate category because I almost downloaded a VR mod for SKyRim SE.

It would be less confusing for VR and SE users alike, because VR users could go to the VR section and search for VR related mods, and then go to the SE section and search for mods there.

Meanwhile, SE users have to sort through VR mods and SE mods, and some VR mods aren't clearly labeled as such.

Same with Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 VR

There is a NEED for SEPARATE SECTIONS.

So, VR mods won't work with SE, so they need to have their own SEPARATE section.

I would rather see

SkyRim

Skyrim SE

Skyrim VR

and Fallout 4

Fallout 4 VR

Just tagging ISN'T ENOUGH.

As I said, VR mods don't work with non-VR games, and they're being intermixed with the non-VR games.

Meanwhile non-VR mods work with VR games.

However, PLEASE have a separate Skyrim VR section, and a separate Fallout VR section.

DO NOT mix them together, do NOT rely on Tagging to get the job done, as I said, I almost downloaded and installed a SkyRim VR mod because it wasn't clear it WAS a mod for the SKyRim VR version of the game.

This should be done before thousands of VR mods pop up and make it difficult to separate the two.

Of course it wouldn't make sense for modders to publish their mods in both categories (if they should work with both versions).

You would have hundreds/thousands of duplicates.

No, there wouldn't NEED to be duplicates.

The VR people can easily search the VR section for their VR version, then they can just go search the Skyrim SE section for the Skyrim mods.

There's no need to upload a mod twice.

Also, according to Bethesda, Skyrim VR does NOT officially support mods at this time, so yet another reason for VR to have it's own section

Skyrim VR is its own game and the data files are significantly different so a lot of standard SSE mods simply don't work and it's completely misleading to have VR jammed into a category buried inside SSE when it's not SSE with a VR mod attached.

Because of how things have been done now, people are blindly assuming SSE mods will just work in VR and this simply isn't the case. While several might, several don't, and not all of these mod authors have the money to outlay for expensive VR support just to make sure the mods work. Not to mention Bethesda themselves has explicitly said the VR game does not support mods and they have no intention of changing this. So it would be nice if we could get the clutter out of SSE and into a proper game entry like was done for the split between LE and SSE.

I have just started playing with Vortex and the issue comes to mind is how can you tell Vortex that when I click the mod download button for Skyrim SE nexus section for a mod i want in Skyrim VR, how can you get it loaded into the correct game folder? Especially if you have different download folder for each game.

I would suggest that if you have the mods for SE and VR mixed then you would need to have seperate download links on the header and files page for SE and VR so Vortex knows where to save them.

I would think this would be the simplest method as it makes it easier for the user to select where they want to use a mod and means no additional admin required by Nexus (or content providers) to assess which platforms existing mods should be allocated if they were to fork the 2 variants of skyrim.