Delete Download History?

realitiblu

I'd like to throw in that maybe have a set of buttons/options like you have the "track" button.

This new button would just 'reset', call this button "Uninstalled", (on the user side, not the back end) the "downloaded" banner so it doesn't show.

That way for people that try one mod, then find a mod that replaces it, they can notate that they no longer use the previous/old mod.

This would also give Nexus another data point as it can put in a date/time stamp of when a user marked the mod as no longer being used.

Possibly make it so that if a user downloads a mod, then (within 24 hours) marks it as "Uninstalled" it will not count it in the original download (A trial period if you will), if it's longer than 24 hours, then it'll keep the downloaded date/time stamp, and when "Uninstalled" is clicked it'll add an new date/time stamp to the statistics. If you want to get fancy you can even have it popup asking WHY it was uninstalled (IE: replaced with another mod, uninstalled, accidental download, etc.).

Just my two cents and the nerve racking annoyance of having a PC crash (badly), fixing the PC then having to download and reinstall games/mods and then you can't remember which mods you had because you replaced a few with ones you thought were better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hide" button would be perfect. I've spent ACTUAL DAYS poring through my history after a catastrophic dump, pulling up each mod to determine if I liked it or if it was a "crasher", then reinstalling them, some of which take 20 minutes to install and get working. Sometimes I wonder if I have TOO MANY mods (naaahhh). Is 22 pages a lot?

• 1 month later...

"Hide" button would be perfect. I've spent ACTUAL DAYS poring through my history after a catastrophic dump, pulling up each mod to determine if I liked it or if it was a "crasher", then reinstalling them, some of which take 20 minutes to install and get working. Sometimes I wonder if I have TOO MANY mods (naaahhh). Is 22 pages a lot?

Please 22 pages is nothing I've got 40+ in Fallout 4 alone (not scoffing just answering your question)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I only downloaded mods for one game, which is Fallout 3. At the moment I have 18 pages of downloaded mods. I'm already having trouble figuring out what and when I've been using because I don't have a list of favourites I use. I can't remove mods that were so weak that once I started the game I immediately deleted them or mods that were removed by the administration because their authors got a ban. I would like to delete the mod but I can't remember its name and I have to go through the whole story to get into it, it is grotesque. I'm afraid of the very thought of what will happen if I have other games with thousands of mods when they are mixed with other games. I will be happy to purchase the Premium service, but only when I have a chance to grasp the history of the downloads and manage it from my account.

I only downloaded mods for one game, which is Fallout 3. At the moment I have 18 pages of downloaded mods. I'm already having trouble figuring out what and when I've been using because I don't have a list of favourites I use. I can't remove mods that were so weak that once I started the game I immediately deleted them or mods that were removed by the administration because their authors got a ban. I would like to delete the mod but I can't remember its name and I have to go through the whole story to get into it, it is grotesque. I'm afraid of the very thought of what will happen if I have other games with thousands of mods when they are mixed with other games. I will be happy to purchase the Premium service, but only when I have a chance to grasp the history of the downloads and manage it from my account.

Mod history is sorted based on the individual games. If you access download history from that games Nexus page, it will only show you download history for that game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I'm about to start a new playthrough of Fallout 4 from a clean slate and I would love the feature to reset the Downloaded and Update Available banners when I'm browsing, as they aren't relevant to me anymore.

I'll credit the second part of the idea as being fair, largely unnecessary, but fair

• 4 weeks later...