Delete Download History?

realitiblu

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This also pertains the problem I just recently posted in these forums.

If this is used statistically for modders, then the system needs to be changed, because I pressed Download Manually, and canceled the download in the popup box, without ever actually clicking the second DOWNLOAD button and starting the download, meanwhile that modder got it added to their download count, and I got the non-download added to my download history

So apparently, the download is getting counted and added to your download history the minute you press the DOWNLOAD button, rather than if the file actually downloads.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps with a less "pour some petrol on it" approach...

I peruse the mods daily (yay active modder support for my game) with the last updated filter applied so that I see the new stuff and the "Update Available" flag on the older stuff. As happens sometimes there are competing mods that do similar things and I picked one over the other... I no longer care to see the "update available" flag for the one I chose to no longer use.

While I like the idea of a "hide" or "Don't Track Updates" flag for the downloads that hides the "Update Available" banner perhaps there is an option B which would still need some sort of input but rather than remove the banner, replace it with an "Updates Not Tracked" which would at least ward off the support questions from people that forget they chose to hide updates and then complain about why they never see that their favorite mod got an update.

An option to hide downloaded mods-links would be fantastic. I have WAY too many pages of mods that I don't use or that are removed from the Nexus. Getting pretty crowded... Maybe some kind of sorting function could be added, like in the mod managers, for different categories of mods. Mods do have tags, so if these could be used to categorise each download and put them in their respective, separate space it'd clear up a lot of confusion for me, at least.

Hiding downloaded mods from history or hiding it in terms of not seeing the "Downloaded"/"Update Available" banners would be really nice. Especially for mods that you made and published yourself. I don't need to see "Downloaded" on a mod I made myself: I'd rather just see whether or not the main picture I used for it looks nice on the website.

So definitely a +1 for the hiding-idea. Hope it gets implemented.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...