Login Problems

Dark0ne

UPDATED

I've started this thread to help those people who are having trouble logging into the site to get to the download section.

First of all, as you will have noticed if you registered, site and forum registration is integrated. So if you register on the forums, you register for the site also. HOWEVER, this is not the same for logging in. So, if you're logged in on the forums you may not necessarilly be logged in to the site also.

An easy way to check if you're logged into the site is if, in the top left corner of the site, it says "Welcome <username>!" rather than "Create an account". If it says "Create an account" you aren't logged in. Another check is to go to "Your Account" (on the left nav). If it takes you to a login page, you aren't logged in.

Login is easy - on the main page you can type your details into the login box to the right, or you can go to "Your Account" and login there.

If you continue to have problems...

First off, check your internet options (Tools -> Internet Options)

Go to "Privacy" and make sure it is set to "Medium" or less. Any higher and you'll have problems

Next, click on the edit button, still in the privacy tab under "Websites" and add "k-hosting.co.uk" and "mwsource.com" to the list - make sure they are set to "always allow" rather than "always block".

----

If, when you register your username and password and try to login to the site, it doesn't work, then you've done something wrong. No offense, but the server isn't selective as to who it lets into the site, 500 people a day wouldn't be able to register for the site and use it fine if it wasn't working.

Hope this helps some people.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all fine and great for most people that have no problems.

My account was created, activated and profile modified without any problems save one.

The main web site still won't let me log in or access the Downloads area.

No, I did not do something wrong.

Yes, I do have First-Party cookies enabled.

Perhaps Third-Party cookies have to be enabled??

This seems like a web site worth telling my friends about, so please help me out and don't just tell me I did something wrong.

DirtDivr

[email protected]

B)

• 2 weeks later...

:angry:

Now this is getting rediculous.

I have done a manual account confirmation to make absolutely certain that my account does not have any problems and I still can not access anything other than the forums.

While logged in this evening and with security settings set on Medium as Theta Orionis has said to use, I clicked on the link to the main site and attempted to access the download area. I was immediately told I was trying to enter a restricted area. I logged in a second time on the main page and after clicking on Login, I was informed that I was using an invalid user ID or password.

WHAT GIVES?!?!?

I do not understand why this is happening, but my opinion of this web site is beginning to decline because of the lack of direct support to a fellow MEMBER of this site. You folks that moderate and administer this site have my E-mail address and should be able to fix this, so how about fixing this problem and E-mailing me when you are done to tell me that I as a MEMBER of this site can log on.

This is just plain irritating.... :angry:

DirtDivr

:angry:

I have tried some trouble-shooting with my account as a MEMBER of this site without success so far.

I have tried every privacy setting available in MSIE all the way down to accept all cookies. Still no success.

I have tried logging in first in the forums area only. Still no success.

I have tried logging out of the forums area and only logging in at the main page.

Still no success; the main page does not recognize my account name at all.

Indications are that the members database is not shared accross both sites and that my user name is only listed in the forums database and NOT in the main site members database.

There is a glitch here and it would be nice if someone would fix it - some day... :angry:

DirtDivr

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be a spoiler, but there is something wrong with the log in on the page. I'm showing as registered on the forums, but I still show "create an account" on the main page. If I try to log in on the main page, I get a message that it's an invalid account. I've tried logging out and back in, which works from in the forum. I've also tried creating a second account with a different name. I just can't log on to the download section.

I'm glad to see this site, and I liked Morrowind Chronicles. But I can't use it if I can't log in. Seriously, I know what I'm doing, and I'm not doing anything wrong.

Here is an Idea!!!!!!!!!! How about you make the DL section avalible to guest, like Morrowind Files, before they stoped working on vanything. Anyone could acess them, maybe if you did that, you wouldnt have so many problems. if you think that wont get members, then set-up an account system where you get better DL speed if you sign-up. Examples of this are www.surclaro.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw, I'm having the same problems, iut says my account dosnt exist.

Still no luck. I've played with the privacy and cookie settings, and that's not the problem. I can log on and off of the forums freely, but it doesn't show up on the main site, and I get an error message when I try to log in there. I'm glad the site is getting so much traffic, but apparently I'm not one of the lucky 500 per day.

Any suggestions?

Wait until I port the site over to the new server. At the moment I'm using PHPNuke 5.4 - but on the new server it will be 6.0. Maybe this will resolve it?

Hope so. Sorry for the inconvenience.