Login Problems

Dark0ne

Well you'll find that the system does actually work, its just not capatible with browsers other than IE, and seeing how I don't use other browsers, it doesn't look as though it'll be fixed. Sorry! (use IE).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you'll find that the system does actually work, its just not capatible with browsers other than IE, and seeing how I don't use other browsers, it doesn't look as though it'll be fixed. Sorry! (use IE).

You won't believe, but i'm writing this in IE 6.0.2800.1106 <vbg>

Definitely, even Opera does not show it right, IE look is more better, altogether it's only an illusion, behaviour is the same - login, foums, at attempt to go to the main page "Not looged in" :angry2:

• 8 months later...

I am using IBM Browser under IBM OS/2 Warp 4.5, as I have since I first registered on this site. I had problems for a short time when things changed and Netscape did not work under Windows or OS/2. You fixed that, until now. I have 'accept all cookies'. There is no facility for accepting or blocking specific websites, as there is is under Netscape in Windows. (I don't use the Internet under Windows as Windy is too vulnerable and there are virtually no viruses, etc. that attack Warp) My Windows box is for Morrowind !

I hope you get this sorted as you have been a good site for downloads as I can use my FTP downloader that is resumable. Thank you for your efforts on the site and for trying to sort this problem out.

:(

There are still problems related to login on this site. I am now using the Internet options requested but I still can not get to the download section, I will be asked to login again.

I dont know if there has been any updates done fairly recently to this site. I have not been registered more than about 2 weeks, and at the time I registered I did not have any problems. At that time I didnt even use the requested Internet Options, therefore the problems should be related to changes made quite recently.

Hopefully this will help anyone trying to debug.

/Oskarsson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it were not for this login bug, I would probably just get rid IE when I update my system next. This dumb compatibility bug is very bad. Every web developer should develop sites according to the web standard and not microsofts strange messed up one.

It's bugs like this that force people into using IE, instead of better webrowsers!

Also why is this site only distributing mods through http/ftp servers, when it could be simply posting p2p links to them and not wasting bandwidth on hosting them?

What would it take for this site to have such p2p links added?

Also so other users know, there are many mods being distributed through the gnutella networks and edonkey2000.

I bet this sites bandwidth requirements would be significantly dropped by adding p2p links. Heck it couldn't hurt.

Anyways I've noticed frequent database related problems in relation to the downloads. The content db seems very buggy and flakey.

Every web developer should develop sites according to the web standard and not microsofts strange messed up one.

Microsoft pretty much made the web standard. IE is compatible with almost ALL code. Its the fools who made browsers like FireFox that decided not to make their browser compatible with some code...especially PHP coding.

Live with it.