What was the game that caused your gaming addiction to begin?

Systex

The first Sim City, Airborne Ranger and Testdrive II on MS-DOS. Also happen to play a bowling game, but don't remember the full name.

With Testdrive II i was hitting trees more then really driving and if i finally made it to drive then i got cops after me and ending into the ravine.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was the first entry in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

I started playing it for a little bit, and then I dug into the other awesome titles. Sonic CD is particularly interesting in terms of the "secret" content it has to offer.

The first three Ratchet and Clank games.

Back in 2005, I was too poor for a brand new Xbox 360- so I played my PS2 instead; right up until 2007. The first three ratchet and clank games were probably the best games a kid could play on the play on PS2; because my parents wouldn't buy me San Andreas or anything over the 12 rating. Since then I've become a fat, lonely, loser- no regrets though.

Oh god I wish I could truly answer this question easily. I would definitely say my addiction started extremely early, so there was no specific game, my first console being the Sega: Genesis.
I believe the game that had me hooked for absolute hours would definitely one of the Baldur's Gate series, although I still can't figure out which one it was for the life of me, I don't even remember what console it was for!

I remember me and my brother playing co-op, he would play some melee class and I was a necromancer, summoning skeletons and destroying monsters so easily! I felt like I was doing so much work and I was hoping my older brother was somewhat impressed by how good I was. Ahh the nostalgia.

There are no easy answers here- I started early too. I could point to the hours I spent on FF7 on the PS1, or playing the original X-com on pc...We could take a trip through Zaxxon on our home Coleco-Vision system, or visiting friends houses to play Zork. There is even a ton of time spent playing a puzzle based game called Fool's Errand on an old Apple IIe...I've been gaming forever it seems.