Donation Points system now live for mod authors on Nexus Mods

Dark0ne

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #60448837.

8489 wrote: First off i would like to say a big "Thank You!" to the community and the authors of Nexus for all there mods & content they allow us to use for free.
And would also like to add that I think that every one should get paid for there work regardless.

My Feedback, on the subject.
- - -

I personally, this could damage the Nexus from my view, As ive always see the Nexus as a neutral moding platform. And if Nexus start rewarding based on download traffic, Then there just feeding the already larger mod, That will already be getting donations to support there mods. This being said i dont think the larger mods shouldnt be getting rewarded for having there content hosted on the Nexus as they could take there content else where, Yet they stay loyal to the Nexus. But i do feel like this could be going towards the smaller mod authors out there as an incentive for them to continue creating/update there mods and to create some thing special. I would rather see Nexus make some form of "Creator Partnership" system where a mod author can sign up, And if there mod meets X criteria they get rewarded for there creations. Alongside mod support contests that the community can vote for?

I hope the Nexus flourishs, As its the best place for modding and mods a like.

The Creation Club, is the bane of my existence...

1. Even the largest mods dont really get donations, this has been shown over and over.

2. The rules state updates and patches are really not going to be rewarded honestly since it all counts as a single unique download.

3. Mod authors do have to opt in so this sort of is a partnership program funded mostly by nexus, mods do have to meet certain criteria including unique downloads per month which changes and is at the discretion of nexus.

4.creation club content is created mostly by mod authors who have given you hundreds of thousands of mods filled with free content that they spent hundreds of thousands of hours working on for nothing. Now they are getting an opportunity to get compensated by Bethesda. If you don't like it just skip it, you still have literally hundreds of thousands of choices and free alternatives.

First off i would like to say a big "Thank You!" to the community and the authors of Nexus for all there mods & content they allow us to use for free.

And would also like to add that I think that every one should get paid for there work regardless.

- - -

I personally, this could damage the Nexus from my view, As ive always see the Nexus as a neutral moding platform. And if Nexus start rewarding based on download traffic, Then there just feeding the already larger mod, That will already be getting donations to support there mods. This being said i dont think the larger mods shouldnt be getting rewarded for having there content hosted on the Nexus as they could take there content else where, Yet they stay loyal to the Nexus. But i do feel like this could be going towards the smaller mod authors out there as an incentive for them to continue creating/update there mods and to create some thing special. I would rather see Nexus make some form of "Creator Partnership" system where a mod author can sign up, And if there mod meets X criteria they get rewarded for there creations. Alongside mod support contests that the community can vote for?

Translation: "I think compensating mod authors will damage Nexus even though it will encourage small mod authors to make more substantial mods and help to keep mod authors loyal. I think all mod authors should be compensated anyway, so I suggest a more monetized and curated system like Creation Club, even though I think CC is the bane of my existence."

Mmkay.

Edited by steve40

In response to post #60455957.

steve40 wrote:

First off i would like to say a big "Thank You!" to the community and the authors of Nexus for all there mods & content they allow us to use for free.

- - -

Translation: "I think compensating mod authors will damage Nexus even though it will encourage small mod authors to make more substantial mods and help to keep mod authors loyal. I think all mod authors should be compensated anyway, so I suggest a more monetized and curated system like Creation Club, even though I think CC is the bane of my existence."

Mmkay.

As i said in my original post it was my personally opinion, I dont know if it was right or wrong, It was just my feedback. As for the CC its the bane of my existence, In regards to it forcing content down our throat, With no way to Opt-Out of its auto-download of CC mods. I have no issues with payed mods, After all, It does nothing but offer users the option to buy extra content for there games. My point i was trying to hit on was, I didnt want to see the smaller mod authors, That havent got there foot into the door of the Nexus, Just to draw the small stick of the draw. The more incentive Nexus gives to its creators the more the site grows, Along side its community and mods. As for the Partnership idea, It was nothing but an idea and i have more faith in the Nexus whos had years in the business dealing with mod creators and mods, Then Bethesda that seems to be all about the money. I didnt mean to stir up the conversation.
Edited by 8489

In response to post #60455957. #60457467 is also a reply to the same post.

steve40 wrote:

- - -

Mmkay.

8489 wrote: As i said in my original post it was my personally opinion, I dont know if it was right or wrong, It was just my feedback. As for the CC its the bane of my existence, In regards to it forcing content down our throat, With no way to Opt-Out of its auto-download of CC mods. I have no issues with payed mods, After all, It does nothing but offer users the option to buy extra content for there games. My point i was trying to hit on was, I didnt want to see the smaller mod authors, That havent got there foot into the door of the Nexus, Just to draw the small stick of the draw. The more incentive Nexus gives to its creators the more the site grows, Along side its community and mods. As for the Partnership idea, It was nothing but an idea and i have more faith in the Nexus whos had years in the business dealing with mod creators and mods, Then Bethesda that seems to be all about the money. I didnt mean to stir up the conversation.

but that's not even true anymore. It only downloads the original CC content from the very first release which takes up like 20 megs, and If you delete the BSA files or whatever it downloaded originally even those files are gone as long as you don't re-download the game or check your local files. I don't have any extra files in my data folder at all anymore. That was a legit concern early on but that is solved. You can pretty much ignore CC now.

In response to post #60455957.

steve40 wrote:

- - -

Mmkay.

As i said in my original post it was my personally opinion, I dont know if it was right or wrong, It was just my feedback. As for the CC its the bane of my existence, In regards to it forcing content down our throat, With no way to Opt-Out of its auto-download of CC mods. I have no issues with payed mods, After all, It does nothing but offer users the option to buy extra content for there games. My point i was trying to hit on was, I didnt want to see the smaller mod authors, That havent got there foot into the door of the Nexus, Just to draw the small stick of the draw. The more incentive Nexus gives to its creators the more the site grows, Along side its community and mods. As for the Partnership idea, It was nothing but an idea and i have more faith in the Nexus whos had years in the business dealing with mod creators and mods, Then Bethesda that seems to be all about the money. I didnt mean to stir up the conversation.

What you seem to be saying, is that the small mod authors should get a bigger share of the rewards, because that will somehow incentivize them to make better mods? Really? It will have the exact opposite effect. Why bother making better mods if you can get a big chunk of the donated funds by making rubbish mods. Sorry, it doesn't fly.

Edited by steve40

First of all thanks to Nexus team. I think it seems to be bit ambitious attempt but I'll watch over the future.

I have one question. Does publishing exactly the same file on another game pages are prohibited acts? I already published single tool that support multiple games on six game pages. This is just I want users of each game to know my file, but I'm worried that it may be seen as an unfair act now that the DP system has started.