ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Updating to Vortex 0.15.1

HylianSteel

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an update.... one that i think clears vortex's installer of guilt. Origin (The EA Gaming platform) auto updated today and failed just like Vortex's installer does.

Unless they use the same kind of installer and said kind of installer has a bug causing this, i'm lead to believe that Win 10 (or more precisely, my system itself) is at fault.

• 1 month later...

TLDR: Vortex 0.15.4 updated to 0.15.5 without issue! :laugh:

So, it's been a little over a month and I've got an update. Fresh installing windows between here and now has helped (not completely though), but I think I've actually found the source of my woes: fast startup in Windows 10.

For those that don't know, with fast startup turned on in Windows 10, your computer doesn't actually power off all the way when you click shut down. I turn my computer off every night (via shut down) and then flip the power strip switch as well.

Since I do this, I've really been causing instability in my system since my RAM wasn't actually getting cleared before power loss. I'm 100% certain that that's been the real issue all along.

@DarkDominion You can try this if you like.

head to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and disable Turn on fast startup (recommended), then restart your computer.