NO ELDER SCROLLS MMO!

OFO

Not gonna play it. Not gonna try it. Had my share of MMOs with Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Eve Online, Lineage 2 and to some extent WoW. The MMO genre is the least creative in the business. Nothing has changed in 15 years. The only noticeable change was going from 2D to 3D. Everything else has stayed the same. It's head-bangingly uncreative...

They're not replacing the single player game as this is a Zenimax game and the single player games are still under Bethesda. There will still be single player TES games. So I don't care at all. Let them make the game and let some people enjoy it. I won't buy it, but I will buy the next TES (single player) game.

This isn't exactly my argument. But someone who is an Elder Scrolls fan could say they're angry that a story will be written for a game they have no interest in (in terms of game play), and will miss out on as a result. I could claim disappointment that they are "wasting" a TES story on an MMORPG, that could've been used for another, single player, game in the series.

Well there are all ready those ridiculous TES mobile games that have a story with them. I can see your point though. I guess there are those that would think this, but I wouldn't really care all that much. The lore for the game is all mixed up anyway.

There will be more single player TES games. If not, then it will show the true stupidity of the lead guys there. They know that the single player series of games has been their most grossing game, so if they piss us off, which we are the ones keeping their boat afloat, then they will be over with. So, with that, I believe that we will more of the true ES games in the future. That and fallout. That is all my opinion though.

Since it's zenimax making the game and not Bethesda there is no reason to think that the series is going to stop. There wouldn't be even if it was Bethesda making the game for that matter. Furthermore, I can name a dozen seriously crappy looking games that blow most popular games on todays market out of the water. Maybe it could/should look better, but it's awfully closed minded to say something like "Im not gona play it because it looks like crap".

Since it's zenimax making the game and not Bethesda there is no reason to think that the series is going to stop. There wouldn't be even if it was Bethesda making the game for that matter. Furthermore, I can name a dozen seriously crappy looking games that blow most popular games on todays market out of the water. Maybe it could/should look better, but it's awfully closed minded to say something like "Im not gona play it because it looks like crap".

I hear what your saying. I can agree with the opinion about looks alone. But as for worrying about the series, I think its a valid concern. All too often moving into the MMO realm has killed great single player games. And it sounds like to me like the majority of gripes are more about preserving what TES is. Even if it is Zenimax's doing, they can potentially prostitute the TES name. There by put bethesda in a hard spot. Even if they stay away from the MMO itself. Inevitably someone something will happen. And if Zenimax is using the TES name, then they are paying Bethesda to use it. So either way Bethesda does have some involvement in the game.

If they made both games i don't mind, but replacing the single player for something that we should pay monthly its a big mistake.

I'd suggest you to research a little before posting such nonsense.

It seems like the MMO will follow the same as Star Wars The Old Republic. Pretty much you buy a copy of the game like you would any other, and then it's free to play from there. Whereas Warcraft, you have to purchase the game, and then pay continuous monthly charges. So who knows; maybe that's what they will do.

You mean Guild Wars...right? Please tell me you meant Guild Wars and you actually know what you're talking about.