Captcha on Login

kamikatze13

Actually it's only people with ridiculously aggressive privacy settings that are having trouble. The rest of us never see the login screen because we keep our cookies.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's only people with ridiculously aggressive privacy settings that are having trouble. The rest of us never see the login screen because we keep our cookies.

if if , so that means throw privacy out the window in the future when being on nexus ... great yust great nexus the new googlelike dateleech...

it is like they said : if something isnt broken its gote be changed to get broken

Edited by mach1991

As if letting Nexus set the login cookie correctly is going to compromise your privacy in any meaningful way.

how dare people want privacy on the internet

Do you have any contracts? ISP, credits etc. If so, your "privacy" is already done and your information is out there.

how dare people want privacy on the internet

Do you have any contracts? ISP, credits etc. If so, your "privacy" is already done and your information is out there.

LOL, stupid answer huh? Just don't write if you have no clue about.

p.s. as an admin i would delete your post and ofc mine too.

Edited by Graslama

All he did was point out a simple truth. Any of those things you may have done via the internet are going to have done a lot more to compromise your privacy than accepting one harmless login cookie from Nexus so that you don't have to suffer captchas that don't care who you are anyway.

Total anonymity on the internet is and always has been an urban myth. It never existed.

You don't need to do anything on the internet for your very personal information to be out in the wild, part of various databases it shouldn't be part of. The internet is just another avenue this information can be disseminated. As far as I'm concerned, if people are unwilling to offer a little trust towards nexus, then their inconvenience is theirs alone and they don't really have any right to complain.

Your privacy is a myth regardless of medium.

That Nexus cookie is not the problem. but we have facebook linked and google-analytics and google.com and gravatar.com (this email forum avatar site) ajax.googleapis.com :)

you don't need that sites for this forum and the nexus site *g*

rockpapershotgun.com for example my settings filter 82% from that site and i can still read the articles and see the picures as long asthey coming from the same site. 18% from the data is content 82% is , hm ya, what is it?

No, You don't need to do anything... and so on :)

you talk about hacked databases... that is not the point

i don't wanna be tracked, that's it. many others too. for this you need to block everything what is not needed for a site to work still.

but you're right. if someone blocks to much he would get problems. google captchas....

but i can live with the nexus solution

but in general i stay on my point

Edited by Graslama

Actually it's only people with ridiculously aggressive privacy settings that are having trouble.

Or people like me using opera as browser have trouble, too. The last update of opera and java made my login on nexus a "captcha torture" again. I saved my opera installation, deinstalled opera complety and made a fresh new install with default settings. That did not improve the login proecedure on nexus in any way. There is no deletion of cookies. But I have to do the captcha procedure at each login. Now in a new way- I have to fill in username, password, use the login button. Get as result a captcha failure, followed by one or two new captchas. Verify, sign in (again). That works. I never changed the privacy settings of the freshly installed opera.

I seem to be to stupid to configure opera for cooperation with the new login procedure on nexus- an opera that has been installed with default settings. Perhaps there are users that use opera and could offer some help.

For this post I used Firefox. There is no login problem and no more captchas with firefox. In my case the privacy settings are not the explanation for my login problems. It may be ironic but perhaps the (google owned) opera and it's cookie remembering method is not compatible with the goggle captcha system and the used cookie identifying method.

Edit: Tested on two PCs, with freshly installed firefox and opera on both. Firefox and login: working fine. Opera and login: Do the captcha again and again and again for each login.