No skyforge steel mace makes me sad

quadruplesword

Maces are my personal preferred one-handed melee weapons, and since I'm a heavy armor user (and therefore have invested perks in the heavy armor branch of the smithing tree) the lack of a skyforge steel mace makes me kind of unhappy. The reason is because I can't make a mace that is superior to my skyforge steel war axe until I reach ebony smithing since dwarven and orcish weapons are both inferior to skyforge steel, and I'm too impatient to wait that long for a good mace. I tried making a skyforge mace myself with the creation kit but god help me if I can figure out how to do it correctly. I did also find a mod that added one to the game, but it's bugged and can't be upgraded with smithing.

@quadruplesword, if you haven't already, check out this mod i guess, Abakus created a Skyforge 1H steel hammer style mace.

Eorlund sells it (not craftable) and i think someone said this can be tempered at a Skyforge grindstone.

There is also a badass looking 1H steel morning star mace the modder added that is craftable lol.

(dunno if this was created as a custom exclusive Skyforge item).

Skyforge Steel Mace v3.1 by Abakus - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4474

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/images/4474-2-1325902316.jpg

nice!

http://fisk-knives.com/Mace.jpg

Edited by xlcr

Maybe you could use a regular steel mace but perhaps, since you can't have a superior skyforge steel mace, you could use some fortify one-handed items. Be on the look out for rings and necklaces that fortify one-handed (and make sure you have the money for them). Here is a list of generic magic apparel you can buy, check out the fortify one-handed section: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Generic_Magic_Apparel

One place that sells a lot of magic apparel (circlets, rings, and necklaces) is Radiant Raiment near the entrance to Solitude. Also, you could go to Whiterun and Riverwood. Every time you exit out of the game and restart the game, merchants that sell magic apparel will get new items to sell. Or you could set it so that merchants restock their inventory every 24 hours instead of 48 hours and then sleep or wait till the next day until you get the item you want. Anyway, with Whiterun and Riverwood, you could talk to the blacksmiths to see if they have fortify one-handed gauntlets for heavy armor you want, or you could go to the Riverwood Trader or Belethor's General Goods and look for fortify one-handed rings and necklaces.

Edit: I just found this mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11860

He says that the Skyforge Steel Mace can be tempered. Or was this the mod you said wasn't working for you?

Edited by Dubnoman

You know what makes me mad other than the fact that they did not have a Skyforge steel mace? The fact that Beth used the same model and texture for the Skyforge steel as they do with standard steel. It makes me so mad when there is absolutely no variation what so ever. They put in the effort to make different models of fur armour, and steel armor, but made none what so ever for their weapons. Makes me so mad sometimes.

You know what makes me mad other than the fact that they did not have a Skyforge steel mace? The fact that Beth used the same model and texture for the Skyforge steel as they do with standard steel. It makes me so mad when there is absolutely no variation what so ever. They put in the effort to make different models of fur armour, and steel armor, but made none what so ever for their weapons. Makes me so mad sometimes.

There is a mod for that! (sounds like Siri = "there is an app for that") anyway, the mod creates separate folders for Skyforge weapons, but by default it uses the vanilla steel meshes/textures, however you can easily replace the meshes with different ones (personally I use some of the Jaysus meshes, a couple of the Templar swords and Viking swords, as replacements)

There is a mod for that! (sounds like Siri = "there is an app for that") anyway, the mod creates separate folders for Skyforge weapons, but by default it uses the vanilla steel meshes/textures, however you can easily replace the meshes with different ones (personally I use some of the Jaysus meshes, a couple of the Templar swords and Viking swords, as replacements)

Haha it's quite funny to me that you mentioned Siri like that since I have an iPhone 4S. Gave me a good laugh. And yeah, I actually downloaded the mod last night after I posted here. But even though there is a mod for it, it should have been different in the first place. Don't get me wrong though, I like their games, and will continue buying them, and I also understand that they can not please everyone, but still; there are just something you don't do, y'know?

• 1 month later...
Why is there no Silver Mace? The Vigilants of Stendarr sure could use them. I'd probably use the Ebony model for a template if I were a modder, it's the most beautiful weapon in the game. Take the crown off the top, and maybe add a short 6 flanged spike, recolor it, but keep the metalic swirls, done.

• 8 months later...

If any of you are still looking for a Skyforge Steel Mace And Warhammer on the Nexus look here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33481

This adds the Skyforge Steel Mace And Warhammer to the Skyforge for purchase from Eorlund Gray-Mane.
The Skyforge Steel Mace and Warhammer can be improved and tempered at a grindstone.
This also fixes the Skyforge Steel Dagger so it can be improved and tempered at a grindstone.