What Morrowind monster is scariest?

StargazerCorax

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The scariest thing in Morrowind was the book about two thieves who entered a former monastery. Can't remember who the thieves were but the female one was later called Lady Tressed. Her male compagnon was Esrouc Strif.

The story gave me the creeps. :o

Ah well, it did increase my skills. :)

• 3 months later...

Well, I think we've pretty much covered every single monster in Morrowind at this point, everything from Slaughterfish to Ascended Sleepers. Frankly, no one can really say that Dagoth Ur was frightening, because he's ... he's just not. I mean, come on. He's like a prissier version of Clay Aiken. I can just imagine, "I'm just liiiiiike an invisiiible maaaaaaan! Nobody loooooves me! Weeeeeoooooh! Weeeooooh!" Man, I can't stand prefabricated, lifeless pop stars. Or Dagoth Ur.

Moving on ... I'm most frightened by Winged Twilights. Think about this: they're the messengers of Azura. Azura. Azura, who is supposed to be helping you. They're the messengers of the only Daedra Lord who is supposed to be helping you, and they attack you on sight. What the crap?

:help: Inviiisiiiiible maaaaaaaan!

Ogrims. There are almost no signs that one is coming, with the exception of those telltale heavy footsteps. With undead, you always hear the rattling of bones or heavy breathing, and with many of the stronger creatures and daedra, you'll have a spell heading at you as a warning shot. Corpri are frightening in close quarters combat, but you'll always know that one is coming from the noises emmitted as they approach. However, with an Ogrim and a relatively dark area, you can almost never notice that it's coming at you until it's too late. One in ambush will almost infallibly scare the living Shi'ite out of you (I know that a middle-aged Muslim priest came right out of me when I first had this happen) faster than a licker dropping out of a ceiling vent in Resident Evil.

I still remember the second quest in Illuminated Order... While wandering through that dark, cramped tomb, my footsteps somehow fell at the exact same interevals as the Ogrim I was about to face down... With the poor lighting and quickly closing radius of my trusty torch (Thank you, The Lighting Mod), I couldn't see the behemoth until its meathook crashed into my shield, making me literally jump out of my chair and move my mouse in a way that brought about a 4320-degree turn, followed by another quick turn, this time only 180 degrees, as the thought that this was a unique creature passed through my mind.