An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

I'm not sure we should add Perks that increase Stats.

Most Perks usually provide Dmg Bonus and Dmg Resistance to a specific enemy.

So, if we were to go that way:

White Leg Warrior:

You gain a Damage Bonus against the 80s and Damage Resistance to the 80s.

Way of the 80s:

You gain a Damage Bonus against the White Legs and Damage Resistance to the White Legs.

It would be interesting if we could tie a Vendor Selection to this.

For example, if there's a Dialogue Conversation like this:

White Leg Vendor:

I see you are an Ally of the White Legs <White Leg Warrior>

Therefore, we can offer you our most dangerous weapons as you have shown your loyalty to our tribe.

<Opens High Level weapon selection>

We'd have to create those high level weapons, for both sides, though if we choose to go that way.

This would actually add a Idolized/Vilified perk system in for these factions, i.e: the White Legs will be hostile to 80s perk users and vice versa.

And likewise, if you wear the respective armors of the factions, it could affect that as well.

Edited by XTgrndr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure we should add Perks that increase Stats.

Most Perks usually provide Dmg Bonus and Dmg Resistance to a specific enemy.

So, if we were to go that way:

White Leg Warrior:

You gain a Damage Bonus against the 80s and Damage Resistance to the 80s.

Way of the 80s:

You gain a Damage Bonus against the White Legs and Damage Resistance to the White Legs.

then those perks wouldn't be very useful in the Mojave

Note for the Marilyn companion mod, have a perk called old world charm that boosts your charisma

Edited by kingwilfre16

I like the idea of bringing in the 80s but maybe that should be an separate mod as it sounds like it will be asking for a lot.

This is as far as I've gotten:

Gordon Topics

I've downloaded a few Companions and spent so long dissecting Veronica's code I'm probably going to Scribe Counter her the next time I see her ingame!

None of them really helped me with code copying, since they had variables relating to conversation that kept confusing me.

Anyone got a recommendation for a Companion who uses only the topics I've listed and has a Companion wheel?

I need a Companion who is barebones, so, like Veronica, I don't spend ages trying to work out what that code variable or that item is.

Simple goal, speak to Gordon, Hire Gordon, get Dialogue Tree.

If I have to keep debugging script, I'm never going to get anywhere (I barely got a C+ in Visual Basic Coding).

I'm really at the point where I just want to get past this and start writing his dialogue script.

And Geck Power Up didn't seem to work.

Am I missing something obvious?

This is how I launch my editor (to avoid crashing):

nvse_loader -editor <entered in command prompt>

Edited by XTgrndr

And I found a Corgi mod:

It's a Dog's World - Corgi

I assume you'd have to ask for permission to use the model.

Assuming the author is still active that is.

Is that similar to a Boston Terrier?

Nivea is still active, I just talked to her a few days ago. She's probably more active in Skyrim that NV though. She's fine with using the corgi's as long as you don't use them ina negative way. But they don't look like Boston Terriers :sad:

This is as far as I've gotten:

Gordon Topics

I've downloaded a few Companions and spent so long dissecting Veronica's code I'm probably going to Scribe Counter her the next time I see her ingame!

None of them really helped me with code copying, since they had variables relating to conversation that kept confusing me.

Anyone got a recommendation for a Companion who uses only the topics I've listed and has a Companion wheel?

I need a Companion who is barebones, so, like Veronica, I don't spend ages trying to work out what that code variable or that item is.

Simple goal, speak to Gordon, Hire Gordon, get Dialogue Tree.

If I have to keep debugging script, I'm never going to get anywhere (I barely got a C+ in Visual Basic Coding).

I'm really at the point where I just want to get past this and start writing his dialogue script.

Dude, again, the Companion Guide you're using comes with sample companion.esp that you can look through. The code is exactly the same as what's in the guide.