[PROJECT] Wars in Skyrim V

gasti89

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@K1lu4

Wouldn't you rather wait for the finished project? I for one would rather wait for it that run through a beta =) Just my prefernace though hahaha.

i think so too but at least people would stop think about later versions of WiS :)

i'll probably wait V6 of WiS before downloading it because i know its normal that at the beginning it's full of bugs ^^

I've not played Skyrim in months and was in the process of updating my mods when I learned that WIS was no longer available. It was a joy to play and the original author has my deepest gratitude. However, words cannot express my satisfaction when I stumbled upon this thread. It makes me very happy that you guys are taking up the torch and working on this mod and I cannot wait to see the final product. I only posted here so that the modding team has some encouragement, knowing a lot of people will benefit greatly from your hard work.

Unfortunately it seems not enough people did this for Alex :/ so i'm not going to make the same mistake, Gasti (and the rest of the team), i'm really glad you decided to take up the remnants of WIS, it was my favorite mod in the whole "gobal fighting" category, and i was really sad to see it go. Seeing as you're remaking it i wanted to tell you the thing that made WIS stand out was the whole Hero and Villain thing. It was cool to know i wasn't the only super baddass in skyrim and that challenging the other heros and villains was a favored past time of mine lol. In your remake i hope you add the same feature

@gasti89

Helpful suggestion: Perhaps you could edit the main title of this thread to say "[Read 1st post before replying]", and then add this little bit to the top of your original post:

"This thread is for the WiS V project ONLY, nothing else. Previous versions of WiS are the property of Alexandrox and so they won't be uploaded. We haven't got those files, and even if we did, we don't support them, so we can't help you with troubleshooting problems. So please don't ask about old versions of WiS here."

That should help save you time when trying to reply to the same questions repeating throughout this thread.

Edited by rawgirl75

Hi guys,

An update on the situation. As you all know the project came to a "small hold" for few reasons. I am writing to explain the current situation.

The original file we already had had to be restarted due to a navmesh bug that prevented the AI to fully function in outside areas that had navmesh edited. Npcs were just standing there like statues. That was issue number one.

Second issue was that the files created after that and some of the old ones, quite a few have been edited by the TESsnip. It wasn't till a few days ago that we realize that this damaged our files due to a bug inside Tesnip. So we had to restart AGAIN.

You can image what kind of frustration did we get when we found that out.

On a good note, two restarts has given us some new cool ideas and we are working on them as we speak.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE GUYS.

Regards D13

@odrackyir

What is available on the internet is not the latest version Alex made. Alex has quit and passed the project to us due to stability issues in combination with other mods. His WIS versions worked well if you don't have any mods that edit leveled lists in any way, however I was using the WIS since it first came out and tested every single version with a new character and the mod was very unstable once you reached level 35+ This is the main reason why we do what we do. His original mods couldn't be just fixed because once you edit a level list you can't take it back.

Due to a many little bugs and missing scripts we have decided to start the mod from scratch, because fixing the old version would be a headache and also the files has been edited in TESSnip and has became victims to the TESSnip bug.

Hope that shares some light on the situation.

Later D13