War of The Commonwealth Alternative.

Deleted49413338User

I recently came across a mod that adds extra npc spawns and claims to do it in a much more performance friendly way to other mods that add extra spawns.

I uses some dynamic system or something that only spawns npcs in a proximity radius around you or something, so load times are better and crashes or frame drops are less. I can't remember the name of it though?

SKK Combat Stalkers

Warlike - Warfare style spawns

More attackers - Get off my build zone

No place is safe - Hunted encounters

More Enemies

DLC Monster Invasion (Incorporates ALL creatures from all the DLC into the wasteland.)

I use every one of the above except for "Warlike" and "No place is safe"

Warlike is crazy fun though, it's absolutely insane

Thanks. it was Warlike. I have SKK and Hunted. Do you experience much crashes with these mods? I guess anything that places persistent NPCs in the Commonwealth adds up. So you don't want to have too many.

But also having a larger number of NPCs spawn in the vicinity can also probably cause problems in areas like Downtown where the FPS already drops.

I use Zombie Walkers alreadyas well as the other two I mentioned, but if Warlike is an optional alternative to SKK and Hunted, I'd probably swap them.

Read mod descriptions carefully to understand which spawning mods actually clean up after themselves to limit stacking persistent references.

Also, problems can be caused by secondary mods doubling spawns or holding on to corpses that are outside the control of the original spawning mod.

• 2 years later...

PANPC (Pack Attack NPC Edition.) Allows you to configure all sorts of stuff, including random spawns. Gotta be REAL careful with that though.... I bumped the odds a bit for random spawns outside normal territory for ALL enemies, bumped the number that spawned, and it became impossible to do any building, as I was constantly being invaded by raiders, gunners, ghouls, and whatever else walks upright..... :D GREAT for experience points, lousy for getting anything done. :D It is REAL easy to become radically outnumbered..... Run into a group that is stronger than you, so, you run away, only to find another group, and while you are trying to evade them, the first group finds you.... then EVERYONE knows where you are, then you are dead...... :D

Hello. At the page where the mods are, type up at search, enemies or enemy. The mod War of the Commonwealth use so much ..power.. from Fallout 4, while you playing the game and if you use more that 80 or 90 mods, you are going to have many crashes. The game can't handle too many people around and that is another reason the game crash. i don't know if this happens if someone have a very good PC with many ram memory or the graphic card have also a lot of memory -maybe more than 4 GB. The WOTC mod, using the Pip-boy can let you to choose how many enemies are show. if you want to get a large number of experience, make the enemies at Glowing sea to show at large numbers and very often. There, use a jump high mod and a fat man and many companions to help you. And often a ~ console command to clear the weather. That's all. Thanks.

Hello. At the page where the mods are, type up at search, enemies or enemy. The mod War of the Commonwealth use so much ..power.. from Fallout 4, while you playing the game and if you use more that 80 or 90 mods, you are going to have many crashes. The game can't handle too many people around and that is another reason the game crash. i don't know if this happens if someone have a very good PC with many ram memory or the graphic card have also a lot of memory -maybe more than 4 GB. The WOTC mod, using the Pip-boy can let you to choose how many enemies are show. if you want to get a large number of experience, make the enemies at Glowing sea to show at large numbers and very often. There, use a jump high mod and a fat man and many companions to help you. And often a ~ console command to clear the weather. That's all. Thanks.

I think how many NPC's the game can handle is REALLY dependent on hardware...... I built my main base at starlight drive-in, and had a couple scavengers lurking about...... They weren't hostile, so, I didn't worry about it. Except..... every time I left, and came back..... there were more of them. Eventually, it got to the point that it was downright crowded there, there must have been more than 30 scavengers wandering around.... the game still ran smooth, and no crashes...... I ended up killing all of them.... so I wouldn't get crowded out of my own settlement. :D