Kavanaugh Nomination

FlyIgnite

What are your thoughts and opinions on this entire case and especially the outcome? I, for one, sided with the republicans on this matter because of how the democrats used it as a weapon which in my opinion destroys the credibility of the accusations. The accusations should have been fully investigated but WHEN the letter was sent, not three months right before the nomination which could be seen as a stalling tactic.

The anonymous letter is worthless. No evidence, no witnesses, nothing to corroborate the claim.

The whole thing was just political grandstanding. First, one woman comes out and says one thing, that doesn't seem to gain much traction, so, another woman comes out and says something worse. Once again, that doesn't seem to derail the nomination either, so a third woman comes out with even worse claims. None of them have any evidence. It's just their word against the judge.

Last time I checked, someone making claims does NOT equate to a conviction. There is zero proof that anything any of these ladies said actually happened. There is where the 'innocent until PROVEN guilty' thing comes in. There is no proof. The credibility of the first gal leaves a lot to be desired, then, the escalation of accusations as time goes along? Nope. Not buying it.

On the testimony thing I don't know whats true , but Ford did name 4 people who she said would corroborate her story and they couldn't. I can understand that details would be fuzzy given the nature of the claim , but when you name people and they come up as dead ends , its pretty much over. After that all you have is supposition (he said,she said). And thats not innocent until proven guilty.

And I think because of the emotionalism at play people overlook the politics that are actually at play. From 1933 to 1981 the Democrats had control of the Senate for all but 4 of those years and because its the Senate that confirms Justices were able to tilt the Court to the Democrats. From 1981 til now its been the Republicans slowly tilting it back to their favor and with the Kavanaugh confirmation its now been tilted in their favor for the next 20 - 30 years. Throw on top that the next 2 Justices likely to leave are both Democrats and you can see why politically the Democrats would be desperate to stop any type of conservative judge from taking a seat.

Its strange it was FDR back in the 1930's who almost created a Constitutional crisis by forcing through the Judges he wanted and creating what amounts to a 80 year battle to undo that. People only think in the moment but there is a lot more at play than people think.