Archive damaged please help

Storemichael

Hello guys

So i have searced abit and didnt get any answer from that so heres the prob:

I downloaded a mod with vortex, when i try to install it it says:

Archive damaged - encountered errors extracting this archive from: c:/users/ME/appdata/roaming/Vortex/downloads/fallout4/ Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource v8.1-and a shitload of digits.

Dont know whats causing it, though my technical skill is kinda limited xD

Please help :smile:

Edit: Though i suspect it might be AWKCR that does it, since when i go to the nexus page, the latest version is at 0kb? and cant see content when clicking...?

Edited by Storemichael

Your error has nothing to do with Vortex, rather it's a problem with the downloaded file. That's the error you get when you try to extract from a broken zip or rar file. So either the downloaded file is incomplete (like internet disconnection in middle of download type incomplete) or the mod author made an error in the file he uploaded. You can try redownloading the mod.

• 7 months later...

I'm having this issue installing Skyrim Better Roads SE, an error comes up in Vortex that says "Archive is broken: The install directory is in complete, this may mean the archive is damaged, extraction failed or the directory was externally modified between extraction and now." I have tried re downloading the mod, but it did not work.

If anyone has something else I can try, I'd love to hear it.

I'm having this issue installing Skyrim Better Roads SE, an error comes up in Vortex that says "Archive is broken: The install directory is in complete, this may mean the archive is damaged, extraction failed or the directory was externally modified between extraction and now." I have tried re downloading the mod, but it did not work.

You need to download the file until you don't get the Archive is Broken message anymore

I would manually download the mod to a folder and then try to extract it to that same folder with something like 7-Zip. If it still fails to extract then you have a good indication that there is a problem with the mod's archive ... something the mod author will need to address.

If it extracts successfully then you know the manual download archive is good, and you will now have the opportunity to increase the size of your modding toolkit and learn how to add a manually downloaded archive to Vortex.

Edited by Striker879

Although I have "Skyrim Better Roads SE" already installed, I manually downloaded it today to see if there is in fact an archive extraction problem. Using 7Zip I extracted the mod with no difficulty.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

To answer some Questions, I'am using the "Mod Manager Download" feature and the FOMOD installer. Also after reading people's replies, I have tried downloading it manually and installing it that way, I have also tried NMM( community-maintained version)and was able to bring up the scripted installer so I think it may be possible that it is a VORTEX issue.

To answer some Questions, I'am using the "Mod Manager Download" feature and the FOMOD installer. Also after reading people's replies, I have tried downloading it manually and installing it that way, I have also tried NMM( community-maintained version)and was able to bring up the scripted installer so I think it may be possible that it is a VORTEX issue.

Just downloaded it with Vortex using the "Download with Mod Manager" button.

Installed it, using the FOMOD, with "Road and Bridges" option, ALL.

Installed fine, no message about a broken archive.

It's not a Vortex issue, it's an issue with your connection, or whichever Nexus Network you're using to download.

You should check your download settings in your profile, and change it to one that's located close to you.