Intructions on Removing Vortex and Where to get Newer Versions of NMM

RadoGamer

I was thinking of going over to Vortex, but after all the issues I've seen people having with it, I decided to not do so until I no longer see so many problems. Please no snarky comments.

I See many people are wanting to remove Vortex and go back to NMM. It seems they are having issues even doing that. So first here is the official NMM Wiki instructions on removing Vortex.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Removing_Vortex

Next if you don't know, the NMM project has moved over to Github and there are new releases. Of course there are issues as well but the version I'm using is 64.2 and so far there are no issues at all. The most recent version is 65.10 does have issues, all versions from 64.2 up are available. To find them you can go here.

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Good luck as there is not much in the way of support for them even here at Nexus. I hope this helps some people and lets hope that Vortex will rise like a Phoenix.

• 2 weeks later...

No snarky comments, just the well known fact, that you mostly see postings by people who have problems with something. Those people who are happy with a tool are usually not heard.

That's true for about everything. Just look at any game's forum. Or any other tool - like NMM ...

I've used NMM over the years with very little problem seven to be exact, but the number of issues that are occurring with Vortex are too many for me to make the move yet, Seeing the problem that many are having moving back to NMM prompted me to assist my fellow mod users, and being a mod creator myself I found it my duty to assist those who are less fortunate than the ones who seem to know so much they are not willing to help.

And DustPaladin you're very welcome.

Not saying that Vortex doesn't have bugs nor do I want to turn this into a Vortex vs. NMM thread, but almost literally every problem posted here is because the person did not bother to RTFM.