Sexlab not working?

Mardek775

So, I am new to the modding scene and I have been having trouble trying to get sexlab to work. Yes, it is the special edition, and I have downloaded the necessary mods needed for work. However, when I try to do something with my partner, she merges with me and nothing happens. The sounds still play but nothing happens between me and her. I tried watching videos on how to fix this, but since Vortex is still somewhat unknown to most, not much help is available to me. I also tried to look into FNIS to see if there are any answers. However, the only thing I could find is a warning stating "Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<" I have no idea what this means so any explanation will help. Here is my loading order. If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them.
0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
6 6 SexLab.esm
7 7 SkyUI_SE.esp
8 8 SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
9 9 SexLabMatchMaker.esp
10 a Schlongs of SkyrimSE - Light.esp
11 b Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
12 c OBIS SE.esp
13 d Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
14 e IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
15 f Cloaks.esp
16 10 Immersive Patrols II.esp
17 11 Cloaks - USSEP Patch.esp
18 12 Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
19 13 Immersive Weapons.esp
20 14 FNIS.esp
21 15 SOSRaceMenu.esp
22 16 XPMSE.esp
23 17 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
24 18 Open Cities Skyrim.esp

Are you using the built in FNIS support?

Install FNIS as a Vortex mod - then turn on FNIS integration in Settings -> Interface.

When Vortex deploys it will run a FNIS generation

I have tried that, but nothing popped up. I reinstalled FNIS, still gives me that warning.

If you are running FNIS from the dashboard, you have the path to the executable set wrong.

Click the three dots on the FNIS line and select Edit.

Set Target to: x:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe

Set Start in to: x:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\

Replace x with the drive where your games are located. Correct path as needed for your system.

FNIS can NOT run out of the Vortex mods directory.

If you are running FNIS from the dashboard, you have the path to the executable set wrong.

Click the three dots on the FNIS line and select Edit.

Set Target to: x:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe

Set Start in to: x:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\

Replace x with the drive where your games are located. Correct path as needed for your system.

FNIS can NOT run out of the Vortex mods directory.

I followed your instructions and while the warning did go away, the animations still don't play. Still, I appreciate the help.

When the FNIS window opens, select the second patch option (only)

Correct ALL FNIS errors and warnings.

FNIS data will go into a FNIS data mod. Make sure it is enabled.

Deploy. If ever in doubt - Deploy.

I made sure to select the second patch only, and no warnings have popped up since. No errors either. How do I know if I entered data mod? FNIS doesn't tell if I have. Unless Vortex does. If that is the case, I blame my inexperience in modding for that.

Look for a new mod in your mod window called FNIS Data. That contains all the files that FNIS built for you.

I can't tell from your load list but the Skyrim version of Matchmaker will not work with SE. All SE mods have to say for SE.

You are getting pretty afar from Vortex support at this point, now that FNIS is running cleanly.

Try asking your remaining questions in the sexlab support forum. You will get more information than I am comfortable providing in a public forum.

Edited by rmm200

• 1 year later...

When the FNIS window opens, select the second patch option (only)

Correct ALL FNIS errors and warnings.

FNIS data will go into a FNIS data mod. Make sure it is enabled.

Deploy. If ever in doubt - Deploy.

I made sure to select the second patch only, and no warnings have popped up since. No errors either. How do I know if I entered data mod? FNIS doesn't tell if I have. Unless Vortex does. If that is the case, I blame my inexperience in modding for that.

So, I am new to the modding scene and I have been having trouble trying to get sexlab to work. Yes, it is the special edition, and I have downloaded the necessary mods needed for work. However, when I try to do something with my partner, she merges with me and nothing happens. The sounds still play but nothing happens between me and her. I tried watching videos on how to fix this, but since Vortex is still somewhat unknown to most, not much help is available to me. I also tried to look into FNIS to see if there are any answers. However, the only thing I could find is a warning stating "Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<" I have no idea what this means so any explanation will help. Here is my loading order. If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them.
0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
6 6 SexLab.esm
7 7 SkyUI_SE.esp
8 8 SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
9 9 SexLabMatchMaker.esp
10 a Schlongs of SkyrimSE - Light.esp
11 b Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
12 c OBIS SE.esp
13 d Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
14 e IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
15 f Cloaks.esp
16 10 Immersive Patrols II.esp
17 11 Cloaks - USSEP Patch.esp
18 12 Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
19 13 Immersive Weapons.esp
20 14 FNIS.esp
21 15 SOSRaceMenu.esp
22 16 XPMSE.esp
23 17 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
24 18 Open Cities Skyrim.esp

Dear sir,I'm having this same exact problem,did you ever get an answer and if you did could you share it with me, from desperate and confused!

Well, this isn't a Vortex problem, but the majority of problems with FNIS are because people have it installed wrong.
The path should be like this (Drive letter and everything before STEAM will be different for each person)

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe

The people having problems with FNIS, usually have the name of the FNIS folder in their path, so it looks something like this

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\FNIS 7.05\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe

Which is wrong.