I want Nexus Mod Manager back!

WerIstDerBoss123

Hi

bring the old nexus mod manager out again as an optional launcher Guys i love you for this Site but i really hate Votex.

Much respect but i pref the old one

Click INSTALL VORTEX at the top of the page, then scroll down.

Nobody Took NMM away

Also, it's VORTEX, not VOTEX.

It's becoming a common theme, that people who hate Vortex, seem to have no clue about the site news about NMM, and can't even be bothered to check if NMM is still available on their own, which demonstrates that these selfsame people likely couldn't be bothered to watch tutorials and read articles on how to use VORTEX.

The common theme is that people found that the old NMM was very user friendly.. as to be just a mod manager and not needing to be anything but a mod manager... it doesn't need to be a people manager.

No one's going to think.. oh click "install Vortex" to install or find NMM.. if it's not seen on where it was people will think it's gone.. I installed Vortex.. didn't think it was a good option to change to from NMM.. and I wondered what the Fcx is going on.. and get shitty with how it's too much of "not" what we had before.. as it's not better... if that now we all have to need to watch video's of what makes it too convoluted to use.. it doesn't need all the eye candy and social engineering.... otherwise it may as well just be the Nexus website "website as vortex"... which seems at most for me a waste of time to get bogged down on just to load mods.. as that I do get mods from not just nexus.. and expect that other people do as well... for me Vortex is not a better move as to create a mod manager... if I need to find another mod manager, it might not be Vortex... because to me as it is.. it's not telling me it's a mod manager.. it's telling me it's a people manager.

I have a revolutionary idea for those people: do a Google search!

Vortex has been much more user friendly than Nexus Mod Manager in my time using it; once I figured out how to use it. Its actually telling me about mod conflicts that NMM happily ignored, optimizing my load-order for me, and even letting me choose what loads before and after other conflicting mods, and what files are the issue. And you know what? Its worked wonders for Vegas & Fallout 4. I've had Vegas for eight years, and this is probably the best I've had it run in that entire time. Fallout 4 went from crashing like STALKER on Windows M.E. to functioning properly again too! With most of the same mods I was running prior. Downloading mods from other websites is irrelevant. Adding mods from local files is still possible, and quite simple.

Over time, as Vortex has proved itself, I have removed Mod Organizer, Mod Organizer 2, and NMM from my machine.

My managed games are: Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout NV, Kerbal Space Program, Monster Hunter: World, No Man's Sky, The Sims 4, Skyrim, Skyrim SE, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrim 158 mods, Skyrim SE 68 mods, Fallout 4 86 mods.

33 unique profiles across those 10 games.

Sorry you are having problems on one game and one profile.

Guest deleted34304850

Well, vortex DOESN'T work and probably NEVER will work... constantly doesn't install or deploy mods, then when you log out and back into the program 98% of all mods are disabled and you can never get them to function properly again.

is there a reason for these bald-faced lies?

oh yes, there is, the reason is, you haven't got the first clue of what you're talking about.

"" Well, vortex DOESN'T work and probably NEVER will work... constantly doesn't install or deploy mods, then when you log out and back into the program 98% of all mods are disabled and you can never get them to function properly again. ""

Does he works for JDPower ?

It is not the tool, is the man behind the wheel who makes the difference and obviously this guy does not know how to use it. Go play 'Blue Clues' !!

edited/comment and qoute removed for profanity and particularly offensive remarks towards a group of people and another user

- zcul

Well you have several people telling you it works just fine.

You're the only one saying it doesn't work.

What does that tell you?

You don't even need basic statistics to figure that out.

Like I said, I'm using Fallout 3, New Vegas, Fallout 4, Skyrim SE, and everything is working just fine, I'm even running Bodyslide, Outfit Studio, FNIS, and ASIS FROM Vortex without a hitch.

So, instead of just posting "I'm mad, VArTrex is teh Poop!!!" why not tell us what you've tried, what you've installed, and we could probably tell you what you're doing wrong, provided you could handle admitting you did something wrong.

Because clearly, if you've managed to fail using 4 different version of Vortex, you're either trying to install it on a MAC, Linux, Windows XP, or Windows M.E. with a punch card.

Obviously there's something wrong that you are doing, or your system is messed up, and most likely, you didn't read that "Whitescreen" post about updating your .NET install among other things.

So, by all means, tell us the steps you took to install Vortex, and what steps you took that managed to screw up four different installs of it, we can't help if you don't give details.

You never had a problem with NMM because NMM doesn't LET YOU KNOW THERE"S A PROBLEM.

That's why there's a saying "Ignorance is bliss"

Also, could I get a citation for your "99% of all premium members are total idiots"?

Let me try pulling statistics out of my butt.

97.5% statistics are 45% made up on the spot, and 3% factual and 52% outright lies.

5 out of 3 people are bad at math

Or was that just an emotional outburst because Vortex has given you the sad feels?

Because, total idiots wouldn't be able to have a job, and get a credit card to pay for a Premium Membership, wouldn't you think?

Their pointy hats with the bells on them would get in the way.

Guest deleted34304850

The best and most empiric statistic that I can pull out of my butt for Vortex is "60% of the time, it works every time!"

That comes from the mouth of Brian Fantana and no-one can dispute it!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well; I guess I'm not the only one who does not like Vortex? So far for me it was not too difficult to use Vortex. What is a pain is that not all mods are user friendly with Vortex. Most of the mods that I used on Nexus Mod Manager will not work on Vortex. Also Vortex is more work in order to use it properly. As it was when I switched computers (upgraded to windows 10) I had to reinstall Skyrim and Fallout 4. When I tried to use the same mods in these two games; it rejected more than half of my downloads. I was so fed up with Vortex I wanted to dump the games and Nexus all together. It's not worth the frustration to put up with the headaches caused by Vortex. So if you're against Vortex I can see why. What Robin Scott sees in it I will never know. Unless he has some magical way of loading mods that we don't know about? I can see why Vortex is hated and why NMM should be brought back

Sincerely

Raum777

Well; I guess I'm not the only one who does not like Vortex? So far for me it was not too difficult to use Vortex. What is a pain is that not all mods are user friendly with Vortex. Most of the mods that I used on Nexus Mod Manager will not work on Vortex. Also Vortex is more work in order to use it properly. As it was when I switched computers (upgraded to windows 10) I had to reinstall Skyrim and Fallout 4. When I tried to use the same mods in these two games; it rejected more than half of my downloads. I was so fed up with Vortex I wanted to dump the games and Nexus all together. It's not worth the frustration to put up with the headaches caused by Vortex. So if you're against Vortex I can see why. What Robin Scott sees in it I will never know. Unless he has some magical way of loading mods that we don't know about? I can see why Vortex is hated and why NMM should be brought back

Sincerely

Raum777

Obviously you didn't read the thread, which is what most people who fail using Vortex are really good at.

You can still download and use NMM, and even use the newest version of NMM (0.65.10) if you want, however, I would suggest reading all of the Rage Threads in the NMM support section, from the people who raged against Vortex, who are now raging against NMM,

People don't want to watch tutorials and read instruction manuals is not the fault of ANY Mod Manager.

They also prove that they don't bother reading anything, because they would KNOW that NMM is still available to download and use.

Click on INSTALL VORTEX at the top of any Nexus Page.

Then SCROLL DOWN, until you see this....then CLICK ON THE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT.

There you go, have fun.

NMM-Vortex.jpg