How Do I Install Interesting NPCs For Skyrim Special Edition?

MisterHoldout1

Hello everyone,

After installing the Know Your Enemy mod, I received a notification from Vortex saying there are "Missing Masters".

The error message specifically stated: "kye_3dnpc_patch.esp depends on 3DNPC.esp".
I assume this means I have to install Interesting NPCs?

I would like to have both mods, so I don't mind asking for help on how to install Interesting NPCs.

I already downloaded the 2gb file from the correct site (3DNPC).

I just need to know how to properly install the mod and get rid of that error message.

Keep in mind, I'm not very tech savvy, so when you give me the instructions, please give them step by step. A video would be even better.

Thanks.

I'm going to stop modding until I resolve this error message.

Open Vortex and select Skyrim SE. Open the mods page and drag and drop the Interesting NPCs archive into the Drop File(s) box at the bottom of that page. Vortex will copy the archive to the Skyrim SE downloads folder. In the mods list will appear a blue "Never Installed" button for Interesting NPCs. Click on that button to install Interesting NPCs. Then enable it, deploy it, and sort it. (I would recommend that you have auto-deploy and auto-sort enabled in Vortex.) Once sorted, the "Missing Masters" message should go away.

Just a minor note, implied in what Augusta said.

Installing mods will not remove the Missing Master message.

Go ahead and install all your mods and ignore Missing Master initially.

When you Deploy, the Master esm's and esp's will be linked to the game directory. The Missing Master message should then go away.

If it still shows up - you really are missing a Master and you will have to check on what it is.

Open Vortex and select Skyrim SE. Open the mods page and drag and drop the Interesting NPCs archive into the Drop File(s) box at the bottom of that page. Vortex will copy the archive to the Skyrim SE downloads folder. In the mods list will appear a blue "Never Installed" button for Interesting NPCs. Click on that button to install Interesting NPCs. Then enable it, deploy it, and sort it. (I would recommend that you have auto-deploy and auto-sort enabled in Vortex.) Once sorted, the "Missing Masters" message should go away.

How do I make sure auto-deploy and auto-sort are enabled?

Furthermore, could you be more specific when you say "open the mods page and drag and drop the Interesting NPCs archive into the Drop File(s) box"?

I can see the drop files box on the mod page at the very bottom. I just don't know what you mean when you say archive.

So far, all I've done is go to the 3DNPC website and download the mod. I can see the 7z file in my download section on file explorer.

Just a minor note, implied in what Augusta said.

Installing mods will not remove the Missing Master message.

Go ahead and install all your mods and ignore Missing Master initially.

When you Deploy, the Master esm's and esp's will be linked to the game directory. The Missing Master message should then go away.

If it still shows up - you really are missing a Master and you will have to check on what it is.

Thanks.

I'll go ahead and install some more mods.

How do I make sure auto-deploy and auto-sort are enabled?

Furthermore, could you be more specific when you say "open the mods page and drag and drop the Interesting NPCs archive into the Drop File(s) box"?

I can see the drop files box on the mod page at the very bottom. I just don't know what you mean when you say archive.

So far, all I've done is go to the 3DNPC website and download the mod. I can see the 7z file in my download section on file explorer.

An archive is a zipped file. Your 3DNPC 7z file is the archive you need to drag and drop into the Drop File(s) box. By "drag and drop" I mean place your mouse cursor over the 7z file in the File Explorer window, left click and hold, and then drag the file to the box at the bottom of the mods page in the Vortex window. Drag and drop is actually a "copy and paste" procedure. You can do that instead of dragging and dropping. (If you already know all this, please excuse me for acting like Captain Obvious.)

I see that HadToRegister has already answered your questions about auto-deploy and auto-sort.