Miserith Hall a Player Home in The Reach. [wip]

TheWanderer001

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple things I noticed, how come so many chairs on roofs that are static?
umm... they should all be usable ???

I like a lot of them looking out over a room too so i can take in the atmosphere
You'll need a weather spell to make the most of that than :wink:
Will look at maybe adding a few more during the upgrading proccess :smile:

it says "Mastrer Bedroom"
oops... missed that one :D

Also, a lot of areas seem pretty dark.
Yes... still trying to get the level right.
Lighting in Skyrim is so fickeled...
There seems to be places where no matter what lighting is there... even when turned up to max... it stays dark !!!

then i walked toward the forge and finally saw it..
haha... don't know how to make it easier to find other than putting a light above the door ???
I guess I never thought about it though... I know where it is :D

All dead. I don't remember getting the Talk to the Jarl dialogue box. If it's still there i just missed it.
The dialogue has been changed a bit. removed the popup boxes now just top left notes
Now if you don't go to the Jarl/Steward/Innkeeper (Silver-blood inn/Old Hrolden Inn) or Find a Bounty note first then all you know is you've cleared a fort of Forsworn.
There are a couple of bounty notes on the tables in the Great Hall.
You can just go speak with the Jarl/Steward after killing them all though and they will give you your reward (Miserith Hall Deed) and start the next bit anyway...
Then you can start the upgrade proccess. only 3 so far... Quadrant, Private area (centre bit only), and the blocked passage (walk up to the rubble for a clue)

Still trying to get better enteries into the journey... not very easy... their system for it is crap!!!

(I found the image limit - 10 images per post)
Feel free to make multiple post :smile:

Just a side note...
I get the impression you enjoy taking in game screenshots... you seem to have a knack for it anyway :smile:
Please do keep adding them.

Edited by The-Wanderer

Here's a link to some modder's resource banners i've been checking out. Some are pretty cool..

Yea... but for this mod I'll stick with the unique Mistherith Hall banners from thumbincubation... It's way cooler :D

Will think on how to maybe use the cherrywood table... I do like it.

Edited by The-Wanderer

Just checked out the chairs in the ck... I didn't change anything :smile:

kvtk5Bw.jpg

I'll also go in game and check them later

but can you remember which ones you had a problem with?

[edit]

Okay just had a quick run around trying all the chairs...

And yes for some as yet unknown reason 4 on the roof don't work even though they are the same as those that do ???

Removed those chairs in the ck and then put them back... went in game and now all are working.

Have no idea why they didn't work in the first place ????

Edited by The-Wanderer

A couple things I noticed, how come so many chairs on roofs that are static?

umm... they should all be usable ???

I like a lot of them looking out over a room too so i can take in the atmosphere

You'll need a weather spell to make the most of that than :wink:

Will look at maybe adding a few more during the upgrading proccess :smile:

All the chairs work now up there. I guess my modding philosophy would be why have a chair? If you cannot sit in it... I guess I have a purposefully limited vision of statics.. Heh, one of my pet peaves in Skyrim, is wherever there's chairs, they seem to give ya a crap view lol!...

it says "Mastrer Bedroom"

oops... missed that one :D

Roger!

Also, a lot of areas seem pretty dark.

Yes... still trying to get the level right.

Lighting in Skyrim is so fickeled...

There seems to be places where no matter what lighting is there... even when turned up to max... it stays dark !!!

Yea man, it sure is! Almost Maddening! I found out my problem tho, on my Banners... somehow they got turned around backwards. I have no idea....

then i walked toward the forge and finally saw it..

haha... don't know how to make it easier to find other than putting a light above the door ???

I guess I never thought about it though... I know where it is :D

The door is fine where it is, just took me awhile to spot it. :wink:

All dead. I don't remember getting the Talk to the Jarl dialogue box. If it's still there i just missed it.

The dialogue has been changed a bit. removed the popup boxes now just top left notes

Are you talking about the notes that pop up on the top left of the screen? If so, Is there a way (console) to go back and view those notes? Sometimes I can't remember how many it said I killed, you know, in the heat of battle lol..

Now if you don't go to the Jarl/Steward/Innkeeper (Silver-blood inn/Old Hrolden Inn) or Find a Bounty note first then all you know is you've cleared a fort of Forsworn.

Man, I got ideas here. Forget about anyone telling you "about this quest". Make it, discoverable only, I didn't go to Markarth til i was level 40 or higher... . (btw add the discovered sound to that, if you're taking a swig of brew looking away ya might miss it!).

Then make it where you go see the Jarl after the quest. Seems simpler all the way around. And makes it more mysterious.. Love this location, it's perfect. Excellent to just come upon, "Whoa! What's this?"

As long as it doesn't in any way interfere with Karstwarthan? *Whatever it is* OR, make some "rumors" dialogue from nearby places.. Like "we've heard of this lost fort, overrun by Forsworn, etc.. It is nearby, maybe you should search for it.

There are a couple of bounty notes on the tables in the Great Hall.

You can just go speak with the Jarl/Steward after killing them all though and they will give you your reward (Miserith Hall Deed) and start the next bit anyway...

Then you can start the upgrade proccess. only 3 so far... Quadrant, Private area (centre bit only), and the blocked passage (walk up to the rubble for a clue)

I think there's some stuff i'm missing in this mod. Honestly, I haven't looked for or saw the notes.. My bad there.. maybe tho, make 'em more noticeable. I thought there was a stone looking door of rocks! I never got it to work or noticed a clue. And the pressure plate in the Bunk room? i have no idea what it does....

Still trying to get better enteries into the journey... not very easy... their system for it is crap!!!

Not sure about that, pls explain.

(I found the image limit - 10 images per post)

Feel free to make multiple post :smile:

Just a side note...

I get the impression you enjoy taking in game screenshots... you seem to have a knack for it anyway :smile:

Please do keep adding them.

:teehee: Appreciate that input. I will. And yes I'm a screenshot freak. I bought Fraps a long time ago, and use ShareX a lot too. It is hands down the best screenshot app around for Win10!!! Recommended. Imgur too is the only way to go for quick screens to post and along with ShareX in Win10 makes it so easy.

More later on the run through I did earlier..

c0AX599

Edited by c0ax599

Heh, one of my pet peaves in Skyrim, is wherever there's chairs, they seem to give ya a crap view lol!...
Okay... as my resident expert :wink:

How can I improve my chairs locations?

Have to say the only time I have my character sit is in front of a fire with a book to read.

Hence the master bedroom library... might upgrade the fireplace there :unsure:

[edit]

That thought made me go change it :D

I've set it up so I can have it as an upgrade option.

Are you talking about the notes that pop up on the top left of the screen? If so, Is there a way (console) to go back and view those notes? Sometimes I can't remember how many it said I killed, you know, in the heat of battle lol..
Yes... still trying to figure out how to get the info into the journal... which btw in Skyrim is crap and the way to get info in there even crappier !!!
But I'm going to keep trying hopefully I'll get it figured out :smile:

I post the actual dialogue up there at present as well only because I don't have voice file yet.. I'm just using blank sound file as fillers. Voice acting anyone ?
As far as I know there is no way to go back and view those notes.
Morrowind's journal was a thousand times better than what we have now.

make it where you go see the Jarl after the quest. Seems simpler all the way around. And makes it more mysterious.. Love this location, it's perfect. Excellent to just come upon, "Whoa! What's this?"
As I already have the bit included in the mod where you can be given the quest I guess I'll leave that in... as the easy route :smile:

But yes... I could maybe expand on the idea of just discovering it... although you can do it that way now of course... in a limited way :wink:
hmmm... could have a bounty pinned up on one of the targets in the quadrant... being use by the forsworn as target practice maybe ???

Like "we've heard of this lost fort, overrun by Forsworn, etc..
A bit difficult to think of a fort on a main road being unnoticed/lost :D
I get the idea though... I would also need to learn how to make scenes though first.

Love this location, it's perfect. Excellent to just come upon, "Whoa! What's this?"

there was a stone looking door of rocks! I never got it to work or noticed a clue.
You need to have spoken to the Jarl/Steward and own the fort first... that is you start the clean up/improvement quest stage.
in the version I sent you the first 4 tasks are included.
(player.additem f xxxx for testing only!)

And the pressure plate in the Bunk room? i have no idea what it does....
Haha... it's a bear trap... just an experiment... obviously failed :D

"journey" .... Not sure about that, pls explain.
oops a typo... meant journal
see first reply about journal :smile:

Not heard of ShareX... will have to go check that one out.
I did found Imgur :smile:

[edit]

Just checked out ShareX webpage... it does seem really useful... will have to try it out once I've finished this mod...

Edited by The-Wanderer

Struggling to come up with a trader for the Great Hall and bedroom upgrade... really want someone that looks like someone who could actually do the work.

most look like they just run a second hand shop :D

The best I've come up with so far is...

The pc ask Lisbet about them she say's she can't help with those and sends the pc to speak with the Jarl's Steward.

Edited by The-Wanderer

Here's a few of the things i found earlier that matter. :)

iwd2edxl.jpg

I also read about this issue somewhere. Your Weapon Racks won't give the weapon back! LoL! They're too close into the wall. Give it a wep, then try to get it back. You'll have to use tcl and walk in the wall to get it out.. I encountered two weapon racks same problem. When it happened I wanted it back! Gimme my Mace Dammit! :P

YGsC0sHl.jpg

mSNfmx6l.jpg

As you can see, I really was using more fire... So I coulda done without it.. Haha!

And here a couple problems I stumbled into lol..

Ax7YMuql.jpg

In the Blacksmith area I believe it is, when you look at the wall there a certain way, there's a seam. AND, then I sat on the bench to rest and look at it, and see below...

cGxAD8dl.jpg

We be floating in air.. ;)

hAICRP9l.jpg

One more look at that seam from sitting on the bench.

And yea, maybe not a lost fort... Abandoned might be a better word. And you're chair locations are fine. I'm just saying. :)