Mods are enabled but dont work

Deleted62028601User

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having this same problem, but with a mod called Believable Weapons. Everything is on the same drive, I've made sure it's enabled, and to deploy when it's enabled, and the only instructions on the mod page is to "Install with a mod manager to conveniently select which models to include. Installing and uninstalling on existing save files is perfectly safe."

I'm not sure what I'm missing, or how to get this mod working properly

@behemoth349 Here are the basic steps to install a mod. Many of them can be set to be done automatically, like with the image above your post where the option Deploy Mods when Enabled is highlighted by a red box. But whether they are done automatically or manually one step at a time, they all have to be done.

• Download Mod(s): From the mod page on Nexus
  • Install Mod(s): Usually from the MODS window in Vortex. (I say "usually" because the notifications for Install, Enable and Deploy are actually visible no matter what window you have up. But the specific action outside of a notification is in the MODS window.)
  • Enable Mod(s): MODS window in Vortex
  • Deploy Mod(s): MODS window in Vortex

From your post I see you've made it this far. But it is possible for all of this to be done and the plugin for the mod to not be enabled.

• Enable Plugin(s): PLUGINS window in Vortex. Find the corresponding plugin and make sure it is Enabled.
  • Sort Plugins: PLUGINS window in Vortex. After you Enable a plugin, look at the header of the PLUGINS window and click Sort Now.

I hope this helps.

Also, as a suggestion, start a new thread next time rather than tagging on to a really old topic. For one, the details of your situation may be different from the original poster (OP), and it isn't good to mix. Also, people have a tendency to ignore really old threads that have been brought up because the old topic has already been discussed and usually resolved. It is called Necroing, and it refers to bringing a dead topic back to life. Starting a new/fresh thread will typically get help for you quicker.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue, some mods are working and others aren't- in fact quite a lot of them aren't. I fixed my issue with SKSE64, I'm enabled and deployed, made sure its in the right folder and still having issues.

Mine range from quality of life mods, to texture mods, and a player home mod. All of the mods that aren't working all worked for before with NNM so I'm just lost.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been struggling with this all day, but I think I figured out a fix for most people maybe? 1 of my mods still isn't working but that might just be an issue that's unique to that mod. Basically, All I did to fix this for most of my mods was just going into my vortex folder in %appdata% and deleting everything in the fallout 4 folder excluding the downloaded mods. Idk what vortex did but it wasn't something I could fix from inside the vortex interface since I'd tried literally everything up to that point.

i have same problem except that plugins appear in game folder but not in game

Did you ENABLE and DEPLOY the mods?

Look at the Plugins Tab, are the plugins ENABLED?

I hate to be a pain, but I'm also struggling with this issue.

I've downloaded and extracted the SKS files just fine and can launch the game with its loader. But none of the mods are working. Disabled and reenabled them, made sure its hard link selected, refreshed them all, the option to auto deploy after installation is ticked etc, both the mod folder and game are on the D drive.

I have FO4 installed as well with the same set up and I have no issues just vortex download and playing.

Cheers

S