Dota 2

Xahstur

Hi guys,Dota 2 is currently in beta stage but already there are 45 k + players online each day!

Anyway since Dota is one of the most popular online games i wanna ask you guys which Dota is accually better,im playing both and in my oppinion there is no difference between those two games except:

* New graphics

* Standalone

* New keybindings (also customizable)

* Same heroes

If someone is playing this game,add me to steam so we can rock on :P.

Steam ID: beherith123

That's going to absolutely snowball, especialy in Korea and the USA, I'd expect to see twice that number in a few weeks as word gets out. I've never been really into that sort of game, but it still makes me happy to see an old legend kept alive, I just hope they do a faithful job. If it's got singleplayer, I might even have a look for myself, but I doubt that. Still, you never know. :thumbsup:

i dont see myself playing Dota. i play League of Legends casually. Coop vs AI. people are douches in that mode, nvm PvP. but the real reason i dont see myself playing Dota2 is because i dont wanna have to learn more characters. i used to play Storm of the Imperial Sanctum in SC2, i was actually pretty good. that was PvP. and that was when SC2 first came out. then i took a break from SC2 and when i went back, they at least double the characters, and changed a lot of the items and what they did and whatnot, so i would have had to relearn everything again, and since most people playing had already put in a couple thousand games, i just didnt feel like learning it all again. though it would be nice to go back someday, even as a noob, cause that was an amazingly fun Dota.

Played DotA back when it was in beta for WC3, I was 19 at the time so 7 years ago. Was a huge fan of it, and have literally played tens of thousands of games. Moved to Heroes of Newerth when that hit beta because it was literally DotA with updated graphics and engine mechanics, as opposed to LoL which was not DotA but a spin-off with differing mechanics and horrible graphics. Haven't played HoN for over a year and haven't looked in to DotA 2 because I don't really have the time for it.

DotA as a game is great. Don't play it if you don't like multiplayer or PVP because you're just gimping yourself if you don't. It's a game for PVP fanatics, not PVE pansies ;)

The community, however, is not great. While I haven't played Call of Duty, from what I can tell the DotA community is like the CoD console community. Full of insecure, raging, tantrum throwing kiddies. So unless you have 4 other friends to play with, either grin and bear the idiots or don't play the game. You've been warned on that one. Thankfully I had lots of friends who played DotA, and then got in with the clan, tournament and pro scenes and never had to bother with the idiots unless I really want to.

The community, however, is not great. While I haven't played Call of Duty, from what I can tell the DotA community is like the CoD console community. Full of insecure, raging, tantrum throwing kiddies. So unless you have 4 other friends to play with, either grin and bear the idiots or don't play the game. You've been warned on that one. Thankfully I had lots of friends who played DotA, and then got in with the clan, tournament and pro scenes and never had to bother with the idiots unless I really want to.

Omg I know what you mean! I hate playing pubs, so my buddies and I usually just play together.

It's still a good game though.

Edited by MooseTail

Dark0ne@

Yea i totally agree,community is the only problem in Dota since there 80 % kids there and that pisses me off.

Icefrog did amazing job in creating it.

Dota is some kind of mixure of PvP and strategic gameplay.

I hate to ask but since I keep hearing about DotA, what is it?

Defense of the Ancients. it started as a custom map on WC3 online and then ventured out into its own game and many clones and whatnot. right now, League of Legends is probably the most popular DotA type game out, next to DotA itself.

you control a hero against other heroes and minions, trying to destroy their tower and eventually their base, getting gold and buying items along the way. its a crude description i understand, and youd be better off looking at some videos to get a better idea. :)

So its just a custom made map for Warcraft3? This DotA2 is an updated version then? I had always gotten the impression it was an actual separate game produced. That's intriguing.

Edit: Just looked it up. It sounds pretty cool. Do you keep ongoing stats for your hero or does it reset everytime you start a match?

Edited by lonewolf_kai