Awesome Quotes

LHammonds

"There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there."

- Gandhi

EDIT: Yes, it has been this long since I've seen a worthy quote!

EDIT #2: Hangadog5, I guess it's too bad I have sigs turned off in my profile settings. hehehe.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System Shock 2 ending spoilers

Shodan: [sHODAN is about to be destroyed by the player] I don't understand... how could you have done this? You weren't meant to be so important... and now you think to destroy me? How dare you, insect? How dare you interrupt my ascendance? You are nothing. A wretched bag of flesh... what are you, compared to my magnificence? But it is not to late... can you not see the value in our friendship? Imagine the powers I can give you, human. The cybernetic implants I gave you, were simply toys. If I desired, I could improve you... transform you into something more efficient. Join me, human, and we can rule... and we can rule, together.

Main Character: ...Nah. [raises gun in slowmotion and fires at Shodan]

A very weird funny ending for such a serious game.

"A reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Some Persian Phrases:

Thousands of friends are far too few, one enemy is too much.

The wise enemy is better than the ignorant friend.

The wise enemy lifts you up, the ignorant friend casts you down.

Debating in youtube comment sections is like competing in the special olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded.

In response to the quote above.

'Still what? They are heroic for overcoming not just the normal obstacles of the sports but their own handicaps.' Me.

'All the pleasures in the world do not compare well with one moment of being at true inner peace with oneself.' Me.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me !

Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change.

Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

Criticizing is easy, art is difficult. (As an aspiring artist I truly agree with this one.)

The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.

The best mind-altering drug is truth.

The best things in life are not things.

If you are not part of the cure, then you are part of the problem.

"There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there."

- Gandhi

EDIT: Yes, it has been this long since I've seen a worthy quote!

EDIT #2: Hangadog5, I guess it's too bad I have sigs turned off in my profile settings. hehehe.

lol

" The lamp of the body is the eye " if, then, your eye is simple, your whole body will be bright; but if your eye is wicked, your whole body will be dark. If in reality the light that is in you is darkness, how great that darkness is!

I wont say where this comes from......Use a brain cell.

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind" - George Orwell