Awesome Quotes

LHammonds

If i say something ironical, then you reply with equal irony, then i, in turn, again, ironic-ize, then you ...ad infinitum, will we finally emerge in China?: me, half an hour ago.

Many will think they may reasonably blame me by alleging that my proofs are opposed to the authority of certain men held in the highest reverence by their inexperienced judgments; not considering that my works are the issue of pure and simple experience, who is the one true mistress. These rules are sufficient to enable you to know the true from the false— and this aids men to look only for things that are possible and with due moderation— and not to wrap yourself in ignorance, a thing which can have no good result, so that in despair you would give yourself up to melancholy.

-------------Leonardo Da Vinci

No offense!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hold my beer while I do this."

~comment by many males under 40 just before they die

To be young and wise, one must learn from other's mistakes...such as being the one holding the guy's beer (reference: 2 posts above) ;)

-- LHammonds

"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

Section 8 of the proposed Bailout Legislation submitted by Secretary of the Treasury, Henry Paulson.

In layman's terms, "I can do whatever I want with the money you're about to give me, and nobody can say anything about it, and you can't hold me accountable for my decisions."

Keep your eyes open, people... :verymad:

If i say something ironical, then you reply with equal irony, then i, in turn, again, ironic-ize, then you ...ad infinitum, will we finally emerge in China?: me, half an hour ago.

Many will think they may reasonably blame me by alleging that my proofs are opposed to the authority of certain men held in the highest reverence by their inexperienced judgments; not considering that my works are the issue of pure and simple experience, who is the one true mistress. These rules are sufficient to enable you to know the true from the false— and this aids men to look only for things that are possible and with due moderation— and not to wrap yourself in ignorance, a thing which can have no good result, so that in despair you would give yourself up to melancholy.

-------------Leonardo Da Vinci

No offense!

All very well and good... but who said 'No offense!' ? Hah! Gotcha! [ 'Gotcha!' a Sun newspaper headline when the Belgrano was sunk with the loss of many hundreds of lives. Always a sensitive read our Sun. ]