The weirdest thing ever happened to you?!

BUDYSHATVA

I was free roaming around Skyim and got the message on the top right corner of my screen: "1/3 beehive husks burned".

I've never bothered with thieves guild quest "loud and clear", not even activated t in my journal, I was far away, completely unrelated location...!

So this incident was the only time I got such message throughout the entire life time of the game, no reasonable explanation fits, but if you think you have one then please be my guest!

You might post your weird experiences with Skyrim as well, in the end it's all about fun, so let's laugh in the face of reason!

:-D

Early on, like 2012 or so, I was traveling south of Winterhold. I was on the coast near one of those steep path that head uphill with cliffs on either side where a hunter often spawns. I see a horse's hindquarters sticking out of a cliff about 8 feet up, twitching the way things do when the animations are blocked by objects. I stop to watch fascinated and the horse is slowly sliding out backwards as it twitches, almost like the cliff is giving birth. Finally- schloop! - the thing plops out and falls dead to the ground.

Disturbing, yet hilarious.

Early on, like 2012 or so, I was traveling south of Winterhold. I was on the coast near one of those steep path that head uphill with cliffs on either side where a hunter often spawns. I see a horse's hindquarters sticking out of a cliff about 8 feet up, twitching the way things do when the animations are blocked by objects. I stop to watch fascinated and the horse is slowly sliding out backwards as it twitches, almost like the cliff is giving birth. Finally- schloop! - the thing plops out and falls dead to the ground.

Disturbing, yet hilarious.

Indeed hilarious!:-D

However, yours in contrast with mine was due to technical cause, how do you explain mine??!

What could cause this in my absence? A dragon?

I believe that all incidents are revolving around the player, so HOW could something happen when the player is NOT involved in any way??

In real world those incidents would occur with and without the player, for example a NPC could die by random dragon attack while the PC is far away and not aware of the situation, BUT such is the REALITY, NOT Skyrim.

So I'm genuinely puzzled about HOW 1/3 BEEHIVE HUSKS BEING BURNED!

Talking about weird animal incidents, once a rabbit fall from the sky, of course the fall killed the poor rabbit, I suspect this was because of some technical cause, like rendering the rabbit out of place due to some kind of delayed environmental relocation...

Yours has to be due to some technical glitch as well - and not something as common as mid-air spawns (I would reckon at this point, more Skyrim players have seen a mammoth fall out of the sky than have not :) ).

At first blush, I would think that maybe there was a dragon attack near Golden Glow that might have destroyed the hives, but as far as I know: 1) They are only vulnerable when you have the quest active 2) such things can only occur if the cell is currently loaded. I may be wrong on both of those.

The only other explanations I can think of are a quest trigger somehow misfired or the wrong string was accessed from a quest you were on.

Just another of the many mysteries surrounding this lovely game.

Completing the final stretch of the Companions questline; Vilkas tells me that we will free Kodliak, everything's all well and good, I follow him out the door mid speech, he is still finishing his dialogue and while turning around he literally glides into the horizon. If the door frame was the orgin point, his trajectory was y = x. He literally flew off into the horizon. --Todd Howard: It just works.

Completing the final stretch of the Companions questline; Vilkas tells me that we will free Kodliak, everything's all well and good, I follow him out the door mid speech, he is still finishing his dialogue and while turning around he literally glides into the horizon. If the door frame was the orgin point, his trajectory was y = x. He literally flew off into the horizon. --Todd Howard: It just works.

HMOG!:-D !LOL!

This is an inn, sawmill, dock and set of merchant stalls all trying to occupy the same space. Never figured out what caused it. Just rebuilt my mod list and the problem went away. Weird.

2015-12-27_00006.jpg

Edited by LeddBate

Another strange incident which has happened to me several times was the "flying-floating horse" phenomenon, mounting and right after opening the map made me drift away rapidly due to some asynchronous FPS with the physics mechanism of the game.

Aftermath is not to tweak the FPS because no matter how well developed rig you might have, the game engine is set with specific limitations/ functionality.