2012..it's not the end of the world..but

mizdarby

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the world will end within 5 years of the bee becoming extinct. why? Simple really, the bee is reasponsible for the polination of plants, plant eaters rely on plants to survive, meat eaters rely on the plant eaters being around and we need both to feed the over populations of the world least we starve. And truth is, this world does not currently have enough room to grow crops of food for everyone whitch well in the future things like having baby's might require a permit of some kind because if we do not keep our populations at a sustainable level then our race will eventually perish and become extinct like so many creatures have become.

Yeah I know, it's not the mayan calender or some prophesy that sounds epic and exciting and full of crazy doom but let me ask you guys, when was the last time you actually saw a bee on your lawn or in a park?

Truth is, chemical pestisides are killing them and it's scary and not good because without them we will perish along with everything else and well unless we turn solvent green we wouldn't really have a future.

I havn't seen a bee on my lawn for years, nor in a park.

Thats' a pretty plausible scenario, the bee is indeed declining in numbers (certainly in the uk), and without them, food production would slump bigtime, and make it harder to feed an ever growing human population. I personally think, gm food will be the norm within 2 decades, as the need to produce more foodstuffs per hectacre becomes increasingly important.

However, Vindekarr's point 5 is my favourite. Deadpool would get a real buzz from destroying the world, and the Hadron Collider is indeed capable of producing mini-blackholes, which are incredibly unstable so shouldn't exist for more than a fraction of a millsecond, but if it could would then exponentially expand into a fully grown blackhole, and suck the whole solar system into it, including Deadpool.

Well, the last time this happened was 1618. Bad year to be a Mayan indian, great year to be a Spanish or Portuguese conquistador.

What else happened that year?

Jan 7th - Francis Bacon becomes English lord chancellor

May 15th - Johannes Kepler discovers harmonics law

May 23rd - 2nd Defenestration of Prague; beginning of 30 Years War

May 23rd - Imperial civil servants thrown out a window of Prague Castle

Jul 16th - Capt John Gilbert patents 1st dredger in Britain

Jul 30th - Prince Maurits' troops pull into Utrecht

Sep 4th - "Rodi" avalanche destroys Plurs Switzerland, 1,500 killed

Oct 29th - English adventurer, writer, and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for allegedly conspiring against James I of England.

Dec 11th - Russia & Poland signs Peace treaty of Dailino

What DIDN'T happen was the world ending.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc.(FAMSI), notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

That being said, I'm still prepared...just in case. I'm not worried about some magical/mystical mumbo-jumbo. I'm concerened about how human beings will act that day and what foolishness they will perpetrate. At the very least, it MIGHT be prudent to fill your tank, go to the ATM and get some extra cash, have some extra canned food at home and if you have a medical condition that requires regular medication, get extra doses. That way IF something weird happens you'll be somewhat ready and if nothing happens you will still be able to use the gas, eat the food and take the meds.

Well, the last time this happened was 1618. Bad year to be a Mayan indian, great year to be a Spanish or Portuguese conquistador.

What else happened that year?

Jan 7th - Francis Bacon becomes English lord chancellor

May 15th - Johannes Kepler discovers harmonics law

May 23rd - 2nd Defenestration of Prague; beginning of 30 Years War

May 23rd - Imperial civil servants thrown out a window of Prague Castle

Jul 16th - Capt John Gilbert patents 1st dredger in Britain

Jul 30th - Prince Maurits' troops pull into Utrecht

Sep 4th - "Rodi" avalanche destroys Plurs Switzerland, 1,500 killed

Oct 29th - English adventurer, writer, and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for allegedly conspiring against James I of England.

Dec 11th - Russia & Poland signs Peace treaty of Dailino

What DIDN'T happen was the world ending.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc.(FAMSI), notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

That being said, I'm still prepared...just in case. I'm not worried about some magical/mystical mumbo-jumbo. I'm concerened about how human beings will act that day and what foolishness they will perpetrate. At the very least, it MIGHT be prudent to fill your tank, go to the ATM and get some extra cash, have some extra canned food at home and if you have a medical condition that requires regular medication, get extra doses. That way IF something weird happens you'll be somewhat ready and if nothing happens you will still be able to use the gas, eat the food and take the meds.

Pretty similar to the predictions for Y2K, and then the non-event it turned out to be. Still, doesn't hurt to be prepared. :D

hmm... I believe nothing WIERD will happen.

I think that all the people of the world will rise up and make the biggest revolution happen. (that has started in the middle east)

And who knows maybe Marx was right too!!!

ashkan33- Some kind of global insurgence, with the destabilisation of the current political systems, beginning with the middle east, is quite a plausible scenario, there does appear to be some underlying malcontent in several of the world's major power blocks, for instance my own countries long standing double dip recession, though not quite in the realm of a revolutionary movement, is certainly causing the ordinary man issues with the perceived quality of his/her life. Nice idea. Marx was a pretty smart guy I think.

mariary- Okay, perhaps some suggestion of your preferred way of the the world ending, or the one you feel might just be possible, would be appreciated.

Is this going to be like one of those days where the world is not ending, so you try to make up the next date for the world to end? Like we had at least several dates and nothing bad happened.