Mod staging folder

Carida1210

So I recently returned to the nexus to return to Skyrim special edition. However I have no idea what to do with Vortex. I installed it by following this

I tried placing it on the same drive as the game

I followed a few more videos. I however keep getting problems with where vortex can't or won't be placed.

"You can not put mods into the game directory. This directory is under the control of the game (and potentially steam or similar.) so your mods might be deleted or moved, or otherwise damaged by foreign software. Please choose a seperate folder for staging folder, one that no other application use."

I don't get it. I don't know where else I should place it and everyone I have seen on videos it works fine for.

You CANNOT place the Mod Staging Folder INSIDE the Game Directory, people were doing that left and right, and messing up their games, so Tannin had to update Vortex so it wouldn't allow people to continue to make that mistake.

If those videos are telling people to put the mod staging folder INSIDE the Game Directory, they are horribly mistaken, and spreading some really bad advice.

Just put your Mod Staging Folder on the same DRIVE as your Games, it doesn't have to be INSIDE the game directory..

Example, here's mine

D:\Games\Mods\

You CANNOT place the Mod Staging Folder INSIDE the Game Directory, people were doing that left and right, and messing up their games, so Tannin had to update Vortex so it wouldn't allow people to continue to make that mistake.

If those videos are telling people to put the mod staging folder INSIDE the Game Directory, they are horribly mistaken, and spreading some really bad advice.

Just put your Mod Staging Folder on the same DRIVE as your Games, it doesn't have to be INSIDE the game directory..

Example, here's mine

I tried placing it outside the game but I just end up getting the error "You need to select directories that the current user account can write to".

I'm sorry I'm probably super dumb, but I just can't make it work. I tried saving it to several areas.

Also the videos aren't recent, so maybe that was before the update was made.

Example, here's mine

I tried placing it outside the game but I just end up getting the error "You need to select directories that the current user account can write to".

I'm sorry I'm probably super dumb, but I just can't make it work. I tried saving it to several areas.

He shouldn't even had been telling people to put the Staging Folder inside the game folder even back then.

Anyway are you running Vortex as an Admin? If so, don't

Does the Vortex Icon have a Blue and Yellow shield on it? If so, right click on the icon pick PROPERTIES--------->COMPATIBILITY------- and Make sure the "Run this program as an Administrator is UNCHECKED.

Are you an admin on your system?

Example, here's mine

He shouldn't even had been telling people to put the Staging Folder inside the game folder even back then.

Anyway are you running Vortex as an Admin? If so, don't

Does the Vortex Icon have a Blue and Yellow shield on it? If so, right click on the icon pick PROPERTIES--------->COMPATIBILITY------- and Make sure the "Run this program as an Administrator is UNCHECKED.

Are you an admin on your system?

Yes well. If no one knew better. He should however do an updated way so that people don't f*#@ it up.

The administrator is unchecked on Vortex. Yeah, looks like I am an admin on my computer.

• 11 months later...