We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

I have absolutely zero confidence in TES 6.

ZakiTaki

The only trouble at this moment is to save money for a very good computer in order to play TES 6. If not possible, Skyrim with mods will always be your friend.

Anything that can be bought today will likely be outdated by the time TES 6 releases(unless it's going to be a rush job with half the development length compared to Skyrim/Fallout 4). I expect it around 2024 to 2026, probably 2024 is what is the planned release year since it'll be The Elder Scrolls' 30th anniversary but wouldn't be surprising if they ended up needing longer if they're going to try to do a proper TES. I would say 2026 is the probable cutoff since by then it'll be at the end of the next generation or maybe 2027 if PS5 isn't going to release till 2021 rather than next year but that seems unlikely as it already seems like the current gen is wrapping up soon and rumors point to 2020. About 6 years seems to be the norm for console generations, with the PS3/Xbox 360 being an exception.

7 years ago the GTX 600 series were released, today the entry level GTX 1650 beats the high end GTX 680 from back then so I wouldn't be too surprised if the entry level card in 2026 beats the best stuff from today. People say Moore's Law is dead but I attribute that mainly to lack of competition and it seems like Intel is going to try to seriously compete with their GPUs. High end specs from today likely will still play TES 6 but probably at low settings and similarly to current low end specs, being a possible limiting factor as to how many mods/which mods can be installed without too much performance loss or adding to instability.

Pay close attention to when he talks about the lack of "engagement" with Skyrim and FO4 players in the video. The look of disdain for the modding scene is pretty telling.

I wonder if that might be a sign that Creation Club isn't selling spectacularly?

I am still playing TES/FO games on my machine that I built more than 8 years ago. (video, and ram upgrades though......) Given that Beth doesn't seem to do dramatic changes to their game engine, I would suspect that I will be able to run TESVI fairly well, maybe not at ultra, but, certainly "high" quality. Not that I really care about how 'pretty' it is in any event.... I am in it for the game-play. :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only trouble at this moment is to save money for a very good computer in order to play TES 6. If not possible, Skyrim with mods will always be your friend.

Anything that can be bought today will likely be outdated by the time TES 6 releases(unless it's going to be a rush job with half the development length compared to Skyrim/Fallout 4). I expect it around 2024 to 2026, probably 2024 is what is the planned release year since it'll be The Elder Scrolls' 30th anniversary but wouldn't be surprising if they ended up needing longer if they're going to try to do a proper TES. I would say 2026 is the probable cutoff since by then it'll be at the end of the next generation or maybe 2027 if PS5 isn't going to release till 2021 rather than next year but that seems unlikely as it already seems like the current gen is wrapping up soon and rumors point to 2020. About 6 years seems to be the norm for console generations, with the PS3/Xbox 360 being an exception.

7 years ago the GTX 600 series were released, today the entry level GTX 1650 beats the high end GTX 680 from back then so I wouldn't be too surprised if the entry level card in 2026 beats the best stuff from today. People say Moore's Law is dead but I attribute that mainly to lack of competition and it seems like Intel is going to try to seriously compete with their GPUs. High end specs from today likely will still play TES 6 but probably at low settings and similarly to current low end specs, being a possible limiting factor as to how many mods/which mods can be installed without too much performance loss or adding to instability.

Pay close attention to when he talks about the lack of "engagement" with Skyrim and FO4 players in the video. The look of disdain for the modding scene is pretty telling.

I wonder if that might be a sign that Creation Club isn't selling spectacularly?

16 years to develop one game sounds...really strange. Generally the longer it takes the higher the expectations. If it takes them that long, there would be no room for excuses like bugs and what not.

• 3 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJt_i2_vsSw

Interesting video, only until someone pointed at the fact, that it wasn't Skyrim starting in 2007, it was ESO, it wasn't Skyrim which did cost 300 millions, it was ESO, so it wasn't Skyrim Bethesda needed money for, it was ESO development, similar way like Bioaware was sold to EA because they needed funding for SWTOR. So monetization didn't start with Skyrim CC, but with ESO ingame shop and lootboxes - a lot of mechanics from Fallout 76 marketing looks very similar. Still the information about the investors company is quite interesting.

And why it is now in all of their games? Well the simple fact that it was successful in ESO, is good enough reason for me.

I wonder when people will realize, it is not a different company as someone is proclaiming, so people wouldn't connect important facts - it is all Zenimax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online

Edited by Mudran

Well, after hearing about the $100/yr FO76 'club', I have very little hope for any future Bethesda games.
They've gone down the Greedy Corporate Rabbit Hole, and I have a feeling that TES VI and any future releases are just going to be geared to how much money they can milk out of everybody.

It angers me that the Modding Scene, that brought Bethesda to where they are now, is slowly withering by the same Bethesda it helped

In the light of the last few days my hopes have dropped even further. But to be honest i put the previous beth games on a piedestal, and their recent actions have really put them in a not so favorable light.

None of the beth games have been what you would expect from a finished product, none of them have been particular good, all of them have had game breaking bugs, most of them have been used to introduce shitty dlc models, subscription fees and other underhanded business practices.

Somehow they convinced us they make triple a games when in fact they are peddeling digital fentanyl laced heroin, and are always looking to maximize those profits from the people fiending for the illusion and lies they spread every year at e3.

Edited by Arneercool

In the light of the last few days my hopes have dropped even further. But to be honest i put the previous beth games on a piedestal, and their recent actions have really put them in a not so favorable light.

None of the beth games have been what you would expect from a finished product, none of them have been particular good, all of them have had game breaking bugs, most of them have been used to introduce shitty dlc models, subscription fees and other underhanded business practices.

Somehow they convinced us they make triple a games when in fact they are peddeling digital fentanyl laced heroin, and are always looking to maximize those profits from the people fiending for the illusion and lies they spread every year at e3.

Beth started their downhill slide after morrowind was released. While MW was in development, the devs actually showed up on the forums, discussed the game. That stopped after MW was released. While oblivion was in development, the devs were nowhere to be found..... and it remained that way. They tried an 'ask the devs' thread before skyrim released, but, they wouldn't answer any questions about the game, it was more like a bunch of folks in the waiting room at the airport, chatting about general things. As time has passed, they have become more closed-mouth, more corporate, and more about money, than games. They used to be a great company, then they had REAL success with morrowind, and the whole thing went to the dogs...... They have pulled some pretty stupid shenanigans the last several years, FO76, Creation Club...... which they can release patches for, but still won't fix the glaring bugs. It's depressing. But, the market speaks for itself, and their games DO sell VERY well. So, I have zero expectation of anything changing.

I'll be buying a new rig for ES6... I hope I'm not disappointed.

I was just forced to update mine..... It died. Of course, it was 8 years old, so, I definitely got my moneys worth out of it. Went to an i7 9700KF (unlocked, no onboard video, no hyper threading, but, 8 cores, so, don't really need it.) 16Gb ram, M2 primary drive. (holy smoke have those gotten CHEAP!) Recycled my GTX 1060 6gb. FO4 plays REALLY nice. :D

While MW was in development, the devs actually showed up on the forums, discussed the game.

Hell, I had one of them on my ICQ list, and used to chat with them.

Ah, the good old days. :)

I would love to see them go back to that, but, they now seem NDA-happy.....

• 3 weeks later...

What part of "Do it right the first time or not at all" does Bethesda not understand and why?

If you expect any game to release without bugs, or without a model that can support it, then you may want to just, not buy any more games ever. Micro-transactions are a choice. I enjoyed Elder Scrolls Online for a long time without buying anything extra from the "cash shop".

No game, period, has released without bugs or problems. Many people in many companies have made bad decisions, yet, people are still playing those games.

People are still playing Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrow-wind. If your definition of "right" is to be completely bug-free, with no way to support the company, then you are in for a rude awakening. If you cannot enjoy a game for its content without buying the cash shop stuff, then you have a compulsion. Your will-power or opinion on what you think you should get for free, isn't their problem.