But seriously, who do you think really won the civil war?

Relativelybest

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the civil war ends in favour of the empire, then the legions can rebuild, and will obviously stand a much better chance at defeating the Dominion, should they invade(by which time the WGC is invalid) than if it breaks into seperate nations.

If you like the stormcloaks, think being a rebel is cool, fine. But you can't just reshape the lore and take in-game propaganda seriously to suit your position, while turning a blind eye to the fact that you're doing exactly what the Thalmor want you to do.

In response to the first sentence, Cicero has actively described Cyrodiil as falling apart, and this is corroborated by the Publican in Falkreath's inn who suggests Cyrodiil had collapsed into violence. This possibly leaves High ROck as the only peaceful province, but Cicero has casted some doubts on that, along with Hadvar's comment that Daggerfall is undergoing purges (Corroborated by implications from Anton Virane).

And the second sentence, yes, the Thalmor did stur up trouble in Skrim. However, the United States hailed Osama Bin Laden as a hero in the 80s, so supporting a potential enemy to overthrow your current enemy isn't the best plan.

?

The Thalmor never hailed Ulfric as a hero, yet they're still supporting his cause indirectly. There's a reason to that. Why anyone would want to endulge them is beyond me.

The point is, the US supported Osama in defeating the Soviets in Afghanistan. He was openly anti-american, but in order to damage the soviets, the americans funded and trained him. Now look what he did to them.

The Thalmor have done something similar in Skyrim. They have sturred up trouble by manipulating an openly Anti-Thalmor leader to rebell against the Empire. Ulfric's victory will not fall in with aldmeri Plans.

In fact, as I discussed on another post, I'm begining to think the Aldmeri plan is to force the empire to subdue itself completly to the Thalmor by causing it to decay from within. The Ultimate plan would be to use it to dominate three human nations without directly occupying them (a brilliant strategy, if I may say).

It just occured to me that no matter which side you fought on (if you did at all) and regardless if you killed Ulfric or Tullius, eventually Bethesda is going to have to make their own commitment on the issue. At least if they want to make another Elder Scrolls game.

I mean, it's not like the secession of an entire province is a minor issue they can just gloss over. Wether or not the Empire lost Skyrim is going to have a major effect on how history in Tamriel unfolds. This is going into the lore, no way around it.

So what do you guys think? When push comes to shove, which scenario is most likely to end up being the "real" one?

That depends on how Bethesda does their lore story thing. Technically you can choose between the two and they could actually draw up a story to go as you want it to go. So in the Sixth game (I don't count the MMORGP) if you wanted the Stormcloaks to win, you will see a Skyrim independent from the Empire and if you see the Empire win, then it won't. If this is done in the same manner as Blizzard, then it is always the top pick of preference is the actual lore arc.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com and www.uesp.net have placed the Imperial Quests above the Stormcloak ones, which pretty much gives a good idea on where Bethesda would stand and as such it is likely that General Tullius did in fact defeat Ulfric Stormcloak. And in many respects that is kind of how it is suppose to be when you really think about. The Empire is ultimately suppose to prevail and if the next game TES6 is featured in the Black Marsh or throughout all of Tamriel it self (although it is still likely to start in the Black Marsh) then it would be preferred that the Imperials would ultimately be triumphant against Ulfric.

I on the otherhand would prefer a drawwed out civil war, because it makes the impeding conflict with the Thalmor more interesting. The Argonians, the Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion, the Empire, the Stormcloaks, Independent Hammerfell, and a possible rise of Orsinium and secession by the Bretons to bring forth a major climax to the Elder Scrolls game. You could even expand by having the Akavir races invade along with a returning invasion by the Daedra and a sudden reappearance of the missing races of Tamriel (Dwemer, uncorrupted Falmer, and the Ayleids).

You of course by the standard preference will be an Argonian just as in Skyrim, the standard preference was to be a Nord, and you have to pick sides and ultimately be triumphant in saving Tamriel as well as all of Nirn from the final catalysm of Armageddon.

It just occured to me that no matter which side you fought on (if you did at all) and regardless if you killed Ulfric or Tullius, eventually Bethesda is going to have to make their own commitment on the issue. At least if they want to make another Elder Scrolls game.

I mean, it's not like the secession of an entire province is a minor issue they can just gloss over. Wether or not the Empire lost Skyrim is going to have a major effect on how history in Tamriel unfolds. This is going into the lore, no way around it.

So what do you guys think? When push comes to shove, which scenario is most likely to end up being the "real" one?

That depends on how Bethesda does their lore story thing. Technically you can choose between the two and they could actually draw up a story to go as you want it to go. So in the Sixth game (I don't count the MMORGP) if you wanted the Stormcloaks to win, you will see a Skyrim independent from the Empire and if you see the Empire win, then it won't. If this is done in the same manner as Blizzard, then it is always the top pick of preference is the actual lore arc.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com and www.uesp.net have placed the Imperial Quests above the Stormcloak ones, which pretty much gives a good idea on where Bethesda would stand and as such it is likely that General Tullius did in fact defeat Ulfric Stormcloak. And in many respects that is kind of how it is suppose to be when you really think about. The Empire is ultimately suppose to prevail and if the next game TES6 is featured in the Black Marsh or throughout all of Tamriel it self (although it is still likely to start in the Black Marsh) then it would be preferred that the Imperials would ultimately be triumphant against Ulfric.

I on the otherhand would prefer a drawwed out civil war, because it makes the impeding conflict with the Thalmor more interesting. The Argonians, the Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion, the Empire, the Stormcloaks, Independent Hammerfell, and a possible rise of Orsinium and secession by the Bretons to bring forth a major climax to the Elder Scrolls game. You could even expand by having the Akavir races invade along with a returning invasion by the Daedra and a sudden reappearance of the missing races of Tamriel (Dwemer, uncorrupted Falmer, and the Ayleids).

You of course by the standard preference will be an Argonian just as in Skyrim, the standard preference was to be a Nord, and you have to pick sides and ultimately be triumphant in saving Tamriel as well as all of Nirn from the final catalysm of Armageddon.

Bethesda never makes such critial game choices cannon, and they never name the player as being involved in anything other than the main quest.

They will probably not mention the victor of the civil war. I can see them saying that eventually Skyrim remained in the empire, but (like morrowind) retained near completle autonomy.

The best thing to do to defeat the Thalmor in this worthless War is to join forces

- Dark Brotherhood will be assassinating the high ranking officials of the Thalmor one by one

- Thieves Guild will be the one stealing the plans

- Stormcloaks and the Legion Combine Forces and train soldiers

- Paarthunax and Odahviing will be the one to convince other dragons to fight with them

- The College of Winterhold will be the one responsible for training Healers and Battle Mages

- The Companions will be the one responsible for training Warriors

- Dawnguard will share their knowledge about crossbows

Edited by Loshirai14

'And the forces of men where defeated at the battle of ******, nothing could stop the Dominion... '

That's a nice way to level all story lines, because if the legions fail, every nation will pretty much have to fend for themselfs anyway. An army of dragons seems like the main possible solution against a Thalmor onslaught, and the Dragonborn would be right in the middle of it.

Still it seems unlikely for a single DLC to include all the regions of tamriel where such a war would take place, or for a character like the dragonborn to be reused in a future title. So Bethesda must have something else up their sleeve.

'And the forces of men where defeated at the battle of ******, nothing could stop the Dominion... '

That's a nice way to level all story lines, because if the legions fail, every nation will pretty much have to fend for themselfs anyway. An army of dragons seems like the main possible solution against a Thalmor onslaught, and the Dragonborn would be right in the middle of it.

Still it seems unlikely for a single DLC to include all the regions of tamriel where such a war would take place, or for a character like the dragonborn to be reused in a future title. So Bethesda must have something else up their sleeve.

They do have something up there sleeves it's called Elder Scrolls online.