Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

It should work with a level 1 character and the masks starting in a container. There wasn't anything in the script to prevent that. Tho do make sure you start a new game or COC from the main menu to that area or a nearby area. Using a save that has any bit of your mod active may skew the results.

as I went to bed leaving my machine compiling scripts (to be sure I said check All in the list, that take a while right, a long long while)

Why did you do that? You only need to compile YOUR scripts. If you use the Papyrus Script Compiler and tell it to check all and then compile you'll recompile every PSC in your source folder!!!!

The best way, if you are working on the form it is attached to, is to right click on the script and choose to edit source. You can compile the PEX and save the PSC right from that window. IMHO the only time to use the Papyrus Script Compiler or Papyrus Script Manager options under Gameplay are when you have written the PSC file in an external editor and want to compile the script prior to assigning it to the form(s) in question.

Kia ora

My bad I had linked the circlets and masks to the circlet item when I should have linked the masks to

the mask items.

How will that script go if the PC has a circlet already will it just default and do nothing or give them a second one?

I'm thinking of player that have used the mod up to now

The way I'm reading the last variant of the script posted...

Any user that already has the masks, will get the circlet on the next instance of them adding the mask to their inventory. After that, no more new circlet.

Any user that already has your circlet, will get another circlet on the next instance of them adding the mask to their inventory. After that, no more new circlet.

If that needs to be addressed, please post (in spoiler) the current working script. Searching several pages back for the last posted variant gets tedious. :P

However, even if checks are added to see if the player does not already have the circlet it could be circumvented by the player placing the circlet in a container prior to upgrading.

In this case, it may be best to think of the new player to the mod rather than the existing player. I'm not saying not to add in checks, but saying that the can of worms being opened by trying to ensure no duplication at all ever for existing players of the mod will be a down right headache.

This is for those mod authors who might read this...

When writing your scripts it is a good idea to put checks in place to not only ensure that you are working with the correct items but to also ensure that you do not pass invalid items on to other functions.

I have seen numerous users' papyrus logs with a multitude of errors where a function is trying to process a variable with a NONE (or empty) value. There is a simple fix to this. Whenever you do not have control over the value that will be stored in a variable slip the following in:

If VariableName
;your other stuff
EndIf
A simple check such as this ensures that the variable is at least not empty.

This isn't necessary in every case, but it is helpful in those cases where you are passing a value to another function. It is also helpful on scripts where you designed it to work with different types of objects/forms that all needed the same function and as such not every property will be filled but every property will be compared despite not having a value.

• 2 weeks later...

That should help prevent lag, assuming the script was comparing numerous property values.

I will probably forget how to use it, but only because I did not adapt to papyrus or new school.

What are the advantages or reasons...to have an esp plugin that is dependent on another esp?

Is it because one esp is too large?

What are the advantages or reasons...to have an esp plugin that is dependent on another esp?

Is it because one esp is too large?

The reasoning is so you can use content from mod A in mod B. This is especially important when you want to work with content from another author and they've given permission of course. The most common usage, however, is in making a compatibility patch between two or more mods that affect some of the same things.

Thanks for the update Malachias69!

Isha -- you got me curious. I am now wondering that if my 'Mod A' was my warehouse that has my potion shelves, could be merged into 'Mod B' so I can

drag and drop my items. It is so tedious making 60 dummy potions, linking them to triggers, creating new keywords; etc; all for 4 versions of

potion racks. Is it possible to merge so I can drag and drop my work?

LOL, I backup my mod with every change I make. I am paranoid the dialogue will break. One story line can easily have 30 backups! I

think I will be in the mood to try it in a day or so.