Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

Can I get some help with script?

What I want: a script that will allow the npc I created to be my follower after certain point in dialogue.

What I did:

-made npc, added current/potential factions in faction tab, set the value of currentfollowerfaction to -1, added npc to the world

- I wanted to use the script which allows you to get Faendal (or Sven or Mjoll; they're the same I think) as follower

- made a dialogue, another script sets the stage of quest

- added script to this stage:

;player gets Deriael as follower

Alias_IFModDeriaelAlias1.GetActorRef().SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(), 3)

CompleteAllObjectives()
Stop()
- it compiles without errors

- When I go to game, and select the dialogue option, nothing happens and I can't talk to that npc again

What could be the problem?

I have never made a follower so I can't really help. But some things that may help others help you...

Are you testing your mod on a clean save? If not, that could be a problem. The game prefers to use the state of stuff in the save game as opposed to a newly modified source.

Is your actor using a voice type that contains follower dialogue? If not, that may have an effect. If the actor doesn't use the correct voice type those dialog options won't be made available (as I understand it).

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get some help with script?

What I want: a script that will allow the npc I created to be my follower after certain point in dialogue.

What I did:

-made npc, added current/potential factions in faction tab, set the value of currentfollowerfaction to -1, added npc to the world

- I wanted to use the script which allows you to get Faendal (or Sven or Mjoll; they're the same I think) as follower

- made a dialogue, another script sets the stage of quest

- added script to this stage:

;player gets Deriael as follower

Alias_IFModDeriaelAlias1.GetActorRef().SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(), 3)

CompleteAllObjectives()
Stop()
- it compiles without errors

- When I go to game, and select the dialogue option, nothing happens and I can't talk to that npc again

What could be the problem?

I have never made a follower so I can't really help. But some things that may help others help you...

Are you testing your mod on a clean save? If not, that could be a problem. The game prefers to use the state of stuff in the save game as opposed to a newly modified source.

Is your actor using a voice type that contains follower dialogue? If not, that may have an effect. If the actor doesn't use the correct voice type those dialog options won't be made available (as I understand it).

The new game was made specifically to test the mod.

Yeah, I think the problem lies in voice. But I have a question regarding this:

- when I make a follower with default relationship set to, let's say, "Ally"(like in every tutorial), he normally has all the options, like "Follow me" etc.

- but when I'm making someone with custom dialogue, should I record those follower lines as well? Can I use some custom recordings for some lines and for example 'MaleEvenToned' voice for the follower lines? Just to test if the script is working.

Are there any tutorials specifically for creating a character replacment mod? There are a few characters I feel deserve a facelift but I don't know where to start.

Check with the RaceMenu mod. I think there is now a more reliable process using RaceMenu to create a face, export the data, and use some tool to convert the RaceMenu data into CK friendly data.

• 1 month later...
You need to make a custom voice and attach it to your follower. With the tool Unfuzer you can extract the voices from the Skyrim.bsa. With a musicprogramm you can cut your own voicefiles together. I use soundforge, but other programs will also work fine. That's, what I am doing, when I want my custom voiced companions act with townsfolk or other npcs. I record in creation kit the soundfile and replace it with my cutted one, renaming it to the recorded filename. It works with scenes - but you can do it the same way for one companion. Luckily every voice actor speaks more than one person, so you can get a lot of stuff with the same voice. Look out for tutorials how to make a custom voice.

• 1 month later...

Hi and thank you for this resource.

Many times I have been disappointed by YouTube videos, for all the reasons people are aware of, (some are abysmal, some are outstanding [see Nightasy] and prayed for a list of text based tutorials.

I understand clearly the OP, and am amazed at the posters who seem determined to give you a hard time, with no good reason I can see.

You are more patient with them than they deserve.

Please ignore the negative nellies, may their gods bless, keep and take them soon :-)

Keep up the good work.