⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Post your best looking character!

animen1y

I did post this in my WIP, but I was so amazed and also surprized, that I post it here as well. No One have time or patience to read my LOOONG and old WIP anyway... :wink: Well 2 exceptions, OblivionAddicted and Drake

-----------------------------------

Honestly, how big is the chance something like this happens? :ohmy: Damn!!!!

Background. Book Burglars broke in to the worlds biggest library, yes YOUR library as you own the biggest library ever made, bigger then the one in Vivec really. So the Book Tracking Agency that contains of 12 Agents, tries to help you recover all books.

51011756333_c7aa9b70ad_k.jpg

I was at the Dzonot Cave, taking screenshots for the Dzonot Cave book and also waiting to see how the burglars reacted to take good screenies... With Chameleon 100%

52005314197_3a885d887c.jpg

The Book Tracking Agents? They are 12, 8 are mostly around the house in Anvil. A bug makes them refusing to go to the Stable at Arcane university (a stable I added there) and guard it, as they walk all around the Isle, passing every damn cell, instead of the shortest route, but they do get to the Stable in the end, so how big chance is there that this one single groupof 4 of them, in the whole area, would pass and actually get engage??? Well i would say, 1 in 10000.... So far they are only there for Immersion, guarding Arcane University Stable and my House in Anvil, so they are not supposed to be here, and specially not kill their own enemies else where as the stable is on the east side and the Dzonot Cave is on the west side.

51935394410_78244107d3_h.jpg

Proper pathing does not aid anything, I even catch them with a triggerbox at the bridge, but it only works if I am there when they try to pass the bridge. This makes no sense

52005364337_0ca16c4c0b_b.jpg

Well back to the actual story as here I was today:

So the burglars did spot some rabbits that they started to hunt, meanwhile 4 lost Agents did came from north :D

52005148482_06d3c29bfc_k.jpg

They killed the leader... I was so damn amazed and surprised... This game never stops to surprise and amaze me. This was never meant to happen, as it did happen because they refuse to follow the pathes, they are not supposed to be there at all. :D :geek:

52005133642_2512cfa03a_b.jpg

52005153777_5cf925218e_z.jpg

They are my personal guards really... :wink: So they guard my house, except so are my companions as I added shedules to them to do that, with a spell, that anyone can use of course.

51998479154_50b7643b90_k.jpg

One of 6 Companion Schedules. Who will ever need more than 6 companions? Well if we have 12, they can go in pairs, as the spell has no limits.

51998748555_2d28e95bcc_k.jpg

Edited by Pellape

The biggest Library in the World? I think so. I have not counted the books in Vivec.

The thing is, there are no Libraries in Oblivion, nor Skyrim but In Daggerfall, one in every large city and in Morrowind, one in Vivec. My or rather our library is able to contain 540 books at the moment, but it will grow beyond that and the plan is to add every book ever made + my 270 Dungeon books. So far it only contains books from TES 1 - TES 4 but will later have the Skyrim and ESO books + player written stories from the Imperial Library. No Library can become bigger than that as we cannot make it bigger than when it contains every TES book ever written, can it?. :wink: We do have a library in the tower in IC but it is fake. The library in the mod Monastary is huge, but mine is bigger.

Edited by Pellape

It is the Legacy of the DragonBorn from Skyrim that inspired me in the first place and mine is MUCH bigger. The best mod made for Skyrim or ever, except MOO... :wink: I have been working on the Oblivion version for 2 years now. My mod is also much faster as what really pissed me of in Skyrim and in that specific mod, is the time you have to wait while the Museum CareTaker is scanning the game. All my quests starts instant and the sorting is instant, within 0.1s, 1 single frame, as we cannot scan Oblivion like you can scan Skyrim. We can only scan the current cell and neighbour cells so I had to make it a bit more static but I do not mind, as the performance is extremely high instead. Skyrim is so bloody slow... Even on a top computer, 11 years after release...

My mod will be named: Legacy of the Champion and will follow the player and change all the way with the player, exact the same way as legacy of the DragonBorn. So far it is the library and the Anvil Manor added and player achievements FG and MG, as you also see in the Library in Solitude, in the middle of it.

Why do you not play Oblivion as it is so much funnier than Skyrim really... :wink: Skyrim do have so much better companions but still, it is a bit boring really, if you ask my opinion... :wink: Just peek at this post I just made, about the chaos at my farm. I have never felt so stressed and excited playing any TES game like I did today: But I have added to much stuff at the same place, so no wonder all hell did break loose. So fun to eat pop corn and watch this bloody circus. So damn fun. :D I have been playing TES since 1996, modding since 2004 and it is still extremely fun... So amazing game series... It is unbelievable...

Well. I guess you cannot add those lovely faces to Oblivion as you do in Skyrim and fallout... :wink:

Edited by Pellape

Faces? Damn, well actually... I just recall I have a nice face texture in my old painting resource from 2006... Damn... I will look at it now.

No, I found it, it is a Bonus folder inside my Bab items mod.

This is my Char from 2006-2008

13823-2-1194470380.jpg

My lovely shoes i did made for the BAB body, well textured as I did not make the mesh, only textures for it.

13823-5-1194469355.jpg

My old companions from the same era:

13823-3-1194470380.jpg

In the companions bedroom in my current WIP, this hangs over one of the beds, as a painting, in the main room: Died when I betatested my first Oblivion Dungeon. 2006

6846-3-1193428501.jpg

My companions Bedroom in my current WIP, with that screenshot as a Painting. This was my first painting added to this mod, 2 years ago already, when I only had this room made. It has more paintings now for sure and the mod has 6 cells now, not just one. The Library it self takes up 2 cells.

52007361055_b2fb9e1ccf_h.jpg

I installed that old face now and it will be nice to get in game soon and see how it really looks like :D What a FACELIFT. Damn. I post screenies later. It is so damn good... I had forgotten all about it, even if I saw it 2 years ago... AN had it DL:d all time... :D

Edited by Pellape

Let us debate the Legacy of the Dragonborn, as I have been thinking a lot about it today.

11802-1576490224-104064940.png

It is as I wrote earlier, the best mod ever made, a center for the player, that follow the player from day 1 until the playr, like me got tired of Skyrim and puked. I installed it very late, but it sure extended my time in Skyrim, much longer than planned.

icecreamassassin is a brilliant modder and story teller, a pure Roleplayer but I guess he is a bad coder or a bad scripter. It is possile to remake the scannings inside the Museum to make them all constant and to increase the lousy performance. My best computer almost stand still when I am in the museum and that is sad. Bad performance really makes anyone pissed and something I became damn good at just a few months ago as it was nesecary as I got bad perfromance in my WIP and had to find the cause, and I sure did.

1. To big textures at tiny objects, nothing that is so pointless, as noone sees the difference. all they notice is that the game stand still
  2. To advanced collision meshes. I deleted all and exchanged them with my own simple and high performance collisions
  3. Every modder adds Objectscripts to every damn object when it is not needed. Instead of having 100 scripts running each frame, everything they do can be done in a single quest script that runs ever 3s.

I increased performance from 8 to 30 fps by doing these steps. Every item I add, I think: How can I add this without any performance penalty? I know exactly how to do this but it tok me years to become as good at this as I am today and thsi way of making the game to work in high performance is what I will spread everywhere. :D

Oblivion rocks... ;)

Yes. I think so. Then you should see my latest editing I did an hour ago, of my new char. Dam... I show you tomorrow or later... :D

I really worked hard to make her look like my most good looking char ever, my Morrowind char from 2004

av-55288.jpg?_r=0

I am not sure I have a front screenie of her, as here it is from the rear.... :/

48774-1598826446-1669067546.jpeg

I will look up my Skyrim char in 2 weeks as I recall she was cute.

Edited by Pellape

OblivionAddicted: here is my current char, after I added the new or rather very old Face textures I used 2008. Damn I cannot recall who made this texture but it was of the girls in our old modding community, including Qarl, Alien Slof, Bab, Canadian Ice, Aleanne, who made my Morrowind armor, body modellers and we also had some community stuff, team working like retexture Anvil and I can show that stuff if you wanna see it, among some stuff and modder's, and we did learn this together, specially from Qarl, who was the one that solved most problems we got when we went from Morrowind to Oblivion as we did not understand a bloody thing and without Qarl, we would have giving it up I guess. He solved and taught us everything about Oblivion. Damn we where really out in the blue then... It was so bloody frustrating everything 2006, I almost gave it up. He is a genius and a pure problem solver. We did hang out at Canadian Ices's forum too, learning this stuff together between 2004-2008. If you could read runes, the text around the frame say:

Friends by Canadian Ices Forum

Every frame I made has these messages... :wink: If I could recall what the others say... :wink: I do not have a clue...

My old and new char at the same screeny, taken 30 min ago in game, with the new, well OLD trexture.

Moksha8088: Do you recognise this armor that my chars are using in both Skyrim and oblivion?

I cannot share that armor in public, but a screeny I can share, I guess. :wink: It is for my private use only, sorry...

I have no permission but I have not asked Gigadeux, and maybe I should? This armor is the best I found for Skyrim.

52007130338_5f9cabea95_k.jpg

Created by GIGADUEX
Uploaded by ZapgiL

Hmmm, it is not made by the one that uploaded it... :wink: I will contact ZapgiL really and ask for permissions to release it for oblivion.

Permision for publish this armor sent to the author. Lets hold our thumbs now. He is active and the armor was last updated 10 August 2021

This edit was made today after I installed the new face texture.

52007588700_f616d29001_c.jpg

My paintings used to be all over the whole Cyrodiil, but the file is missing Pekkas Oblivion Painting Exchanger at Oblivion Nexus - mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Anyone here that has that file, I would be very happy to get it back. The thing is, the one that took over the leadership of my ESO guild, did had that file, but his hard drive crashed 2 days before I asked him about it. i have also looked at every damn hard drive I have, it is no where to be found. I have even asked Wrye not long ago, as he endorced this file at UESP. He did search at all his old drives, but nothing.... :/ He spent some time trying to help me... Hours... :wink:

9666-3-1196315201.jpg

9666-4-1196315201.jpg

Damn we did have small monitors 2006. These screenies is really full size, well I think I had 1024 pixels wide back then...

Edited by Pellape

I have sent a mail to Alien Slof now asking her if she has the painting exchanger. We did have contact in ESO as she play ESO. I also told her to test Legacy of the Dragonborn 2 years ago and she said she would. :wink:

Lets see what she say as she is my last hope finding that bloody file...

She is a real painter and one of the best there is. Her paintings of horses is all over Britain, at pubs. So she should have my paintings really...

48935-1542820292-1476145886-2.jpeg

Damn, she is among the best modders ever. Look at this interview: https://danaeplays.thenet.sk/modders-interview-alienslof/

But in the interview she also said she had a hard drive crash, loosing loooooads of mods she made and her char Basil, and I do wonder when that did happen? She talks Morrowind so... Damn...

94747-1542650877-1264852989.jpeg

I also took a wild Card, contacting Qarl here with a PM as he do have an account still here at Nexus...

Edited by Pellape