What if there was holodecks as common tech

Maharg67

Supposed we had Star Trek like holodecks for all to use. What current computer game would you like to play in such a way. If you wish to state a TV show, a movie, a novel etc instead, please do so. Please keep it to one choice per post and do not repeat post but you can always make new choices with future posts.

I would play Oblivion complete with Shivering Isles.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that much technology at my disposal, anything imaginable able to me made and fine tuned in seconds, with an incredibly smart computer (with a massive historical database) to do most of "the hard work" for me.

I'd make something of my own.

Given such an incredibly powerful and intuitive system to use why would anyone want to just recreate something that already exists?

But, if I HAD to pick something existing... Fallout NV, mostly to let the program and now limitless AI keep running AFTER I've fought the Battle of Hoover Dam for an independent Vegas.

I am a very passionate car fan-I'd probably go Gran Turismo 5. Summon up and auto museum and go for a stroll, then maybe a few laps of Nurburgring-Nordschleife in a Jaguar XJR-9.

Beyond that probably a XXXX game, I can't think of much more beautiful or amazing than seeing for example Sins Of A Solar Empire or Elite's universe rendered as life-size, photoreal holograms.

And finally, probably Halo. I think the Ring would make a nice place for a picnic, excluding the bloody covenent but hey, after all these years, and having finished all four current Halo titles on Legendary I should know how to pwn those cosmic n00bs, right?

Holodeck...? Hmmm...

I'd open with Dragon Age: Origins, playing either the Human Noble or City Elf origin. Complete with the DLCs and Awakenings.

After that...Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. And Need for Speed: HIgh Stakes. Zipping around those roads & tracks in high-performance cars, trying hard to not get caught by the cops...:thumbsup:

If one wants to expand creativity why not a whole new game based on Tamriel, on all of the Provinces, with not only countless quests but much to do besides quests. New kinds of magic. Things like horse drawn wagons and taxis. Crossbows, maybe early muskets. Riding winged creatures. Countless more NPCs. Etc. etc.

Go from being a mere mortal all the way to being a Divine or other great power.

Sex games... Obviously. Atleast I'm honest. It's why something like a holodeck existing would pretty much mean the end of humanity.

Well...I wasn't going to mention it, given the general rules of the board; but if a staff member has brought it up, then...yeah, I'll admit it. I'd do that, too.

Problem is...I'd have difficulty with some of my favourite games on account of a difference in biomechanical design between myself and the games' principal protagonists... >.>