[WIP] Project Extend And Change Everything (PEACE)

antistar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks - you too. :)

Mine was a little rough in places; a couple of family members had some brief but intense gastro or something immediately after Christmas. Not food poisoning I don't think, or we'd all have had it. This included my father though, and he is still undergoing cancer treatment, so at first we were worried that it might have had something to do with that.

I've also got what seems to be tonsillitis, and it's been extremely painful. Just excruciating. It was at its worst over New Year's, which is really bad timing for kind of needing to see a doctor. Saw one yesterday though (even if it seemed to be finally subsiding on its own by that point) and got some antibiotics. Even that was a bit of an ordeal. Trawling around multiple pharmacies in the Australian summer heat when you're in pain and exhausted from fighting off some kind of infection because it turns out there's a national shortage of the specific antibiotic you were prescribed... that's no fun. Had to call the doctors surgery and get them to send me an alternative prescription electronically, in the end.

Still... I think I'm recovering now.

Anyway. As an update; I'm in the process of getting my load order set up for the extended playtest of WARS and PEACE. I'm fixing any conflicts with WARS and PEACE I come across (that are reasonable to fix) while I'm at it. I've already brought forward any changes from UFO4P that would otherwise be overwritten by WARS and/or PEACE - as long they were compatible changes and didn't require making UFO4P an explicit master.

I also updated the WARS and PEACE patches for Better Manufacturing, since it got an update recently. Pretty cool update actually, I think; its Mod Scrapper machine now returns accurate components for all loose mods, including from third-party mods. (You just need to generate a dynamic patch for it in FO4Edit - like with FallUI.)

While I'm doing all this I'll probably need to put together a brief tutorial on how to add PEACE support to third-party armour/clothing mods - similar to the tutorial for adding WARS support. Thankfully it will be much simpler than the WARS tutorial; mostly just covering the STR-based Carry Weight bonus stuff, and the Load-Bearing Equipment for power armour.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've finished the initial version of the PEACE support tutorial. Here it is, for anyone who's interested in what it takes to make a compatibility patch for PEACE and a clothes/armour or power armour mod:

- PEACE-ThirdPartyModSupportTutorial

It's an illustrated tutorial in pdf format - and phew, I'm glad that's done. I find tutorials to be difficult and time-consuming to write - and this one ended up taking more work than I expected. (And that's always the way - you'd think I'd work that out eventually.)

While writing it, I put together the first version of the "PEACE - Well Dressed" compilation patch (so I could use it for examples while writing the tutorial) - which so far is covering Red Shift Power Armor and Chosen of Atom.

Back to getting my load order set up (and sorting out compatibility)...

• 2 months later...

So... if you've been reading the WARS WIP thread you'll know this already, but the closed beta for WARS and PEACE can probably kick off in the next day or two. I'm just working out the last logistical bits and pieces. (Writing down what I'll be saying in the PMs I send to testers - that sort of thing.)

I'll post something in the FO4 Nexus image share section to grab the attention of a slightly wider audience, but I don't know yet how many testers I'll accept - I always end up seat-of-my-pantsing that - so in the meantime, people who are actually watching the WARS and PEACE WIP threads can get a head start:

Let me know if you'd like to help out as a beta tester on WARS and/or PEACE! You'll get access to both, but can choose which you want to use.

So far I've got down in my list the following people who said in the past that they'd like to help:

123yozard123
bludmarine
Longstrider92
Shanzyboo
UlyssesBennett

If that's you, feel free to confirm here in the WIP thread/s that you're still up for it - otherwise I'll send you a PM asking first before sending you the link for the beta.

I didn't start that list as early as I should (because I didn't expect the projects to take this long), so if you're not on that list but did say at some point that you wanted to help, then you'll have to remind me, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, could I get access to the closed beta for WARS? I'd very much like to play test this and hopefully help wherever I can.

Edit: Correction, PEACE, not WARS. My weapons mods list is already so bloated lol.

Edited by Rogu33

That'd be great; I've sent you a PM with the link.

Using WARS would necessitate stripping out the weapon mods you're already using anyway (until patches are made, at least) - but you can obviously use just PEACE if you want to. ;)

I'm not sure how many of the other testers are using only WARS or PEACE - and unsurprisingly I'm using both in my own test playthrough - so hearing how they go on their own probably can't hurt.

Thank you! Yeah the problem I would have if I was using WARS is that I've already got my own esp I made just for small tweaks I wanted to make. I spent ages just tweaking so many little things and now I'm far too attached to it to rip it out and replace it with WARS lol.

I have to say though, from reading through the entire changelog for PEACE, I've genuinely never been this excited to start a new playthrough and just play the game entirely different to how I usually do. I'm gonna take tonight's spare time I have to get everything setup and make some patches. I'll let you know how it goes. Also, would this be the best place to report bugs and or give feedback?

Edited by Rogu33