[WIP] The Siege of Firebase Zulu

someguy2000

Idk how it would work, but I could see a clip fed rocket launcher, a varient of the Red Glare.

Or a new missile/rocket launcher ala Matrix Revolutions. (Idk, but I've always thought that that launcher would fit in in FO)

As for the shotgun, I imagine it more as a legion weapon... proably used in sniper group, more for mid (Using scope, slug ammo) and close range (not using scope, any ammo) support although skilled snipers could use it at long ranges.

It doesn't exactly fit into lore, but imo the Matrix rocket/missile launcher is reletively simple so I could see it being built and used during the conflicts with the Brotherhood. (Lacking the brute force of a regular rocket launcher, but it's shape and a quick second shot would make it useful for ambushes.)

Edited by asdfth12

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Thanks for the weapon suggestions - keep them coming! I will keep a close eye to all the ideas shared in this thread, though I may not respond to each one.

I have continued whittling away at Zulu, and may have more announcements coming this weekend. I spent the last few weeks constructing some meticulous, multifarious sidequests, and there are still more to come. After that, I will begin implementing the battle and aftermath, assuming XCOM (cannot wait to play it) hasn't absorbed all my free time.

Have a good weekend!

Edited by someguy2000

I was wondering if you could perhaps tailor some of the weapons or even armor to better fit the factions? One thing i was wondering is i know that you said you where going to huminze the legion in this mod perhaps then Tribune Marcellus's group would differ visually somewhat from vanilla legion. Showing the legion actually having familes or loved ones might be really nice since the vanilla game gives us very little idea of how legion society acts. As far as weapons suggestions go bren machine guns may fit for the NCR(i know theres a mod that adds it classic fallout weapons or something) maybe even improvised weapons like punji sticks; something that shows that firebase zulu is under siege like a recoilless rifle. I appologize ahead of time if im just throwing ideas out there in a haphazard manner.

Really excited for this, I love NV Bounties and can tell this is gonna be great. It's gonna cause and earthquake and kick off large quest mods again.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for voice acting. Don't know if I'm too late, or if you're not looking right now, but if possible I'm definitely up for it.

@gunslinger6792,

No need to apologize for haphazardly-delivered ideas; that's my primary M.O.

J.E. Sawyer's statements on Formspring have shed some light on life inside Legion territory, and it's something I would like to address more in-depth through a different mod, Sinners and Slaves. The plot would involve the player attempting to foment a slave rebellion deep in Legion territory; it's Inglorious Basterds meets Spartacus. However, that's a few mods away, at a minimum. Firebase Zulu still deals with the "Tip of the Spear", so to speak, albeit with some nuance in characterization, particularly for Marcellus.

@Mishaxhi,

Thanks for the support! I will start posting voice roles on this thread when we get to beta.

I've always seen the Legion as people who would fight very, very dirty. I'd take a page or two from the Vietcong's book, and bring in some of their weapons to the Legion. Pungi(am I spelling it right?) stick traps would be cool.

Also, never could see the Legion with 'happy' families, then again I always played NCR.

Edited by AnaLee

I've always seen the Legion as people who would fight very, very dirty. I'd take a page or two from the Vietcong's book, and bring in some of their weapons to the Legion. Pungi(am I spelling it right?) stick traps would be cool.

Also, never could see the Legion with 'happy' families, then again I always played NCR.

even totally evil bastards have somebody they love. besides i figure in the people of the legion believe that what they are doing is right and or necessary. the legion comes across to me as a group that embraces the idea that the ends justify the means. if only they didn't look so dorky i might actually be scared of them lol.

• 2 weeks later...

total loved your NVB I and NVB II

Just a suggestion if i may...

When you design the battle scene of The Siege of Firebase Zulu, could you take into account on PC performance? when i play thru NVB II, i have crashed quite a few times when i am in overcrowded area. Would be nice if the number of enemy could go easier on weaker system...

Also a suggestion for unique weapon: would a 12.7mm SMG be a choice for you? There isn't any variant option for that except for the GRA and I think there might be 2 or 3 that is made by mods while in compare there are tons of pistols, rifles floating everywhere.

Anyway looking forward to see Firebase Zulu and NVB III :)

P.S: Will pay attention to your voice actor needed post when it is up if you need help with it! (hope i am not too late)