[WIP] The Siege of Firebase Zulu

someguy2000

i have zero technical skills so i can't really speak on the subject, but anyone who has technical skills ought to be doing something to help. the director goes up and takes the best picture oscar, but he didn't do all the work. who do you want getting the oscar?

Trust me, there are plenty of folks involved in these projects and all contribute in their own way: Technical skills, writing, acting, teaching, testing, modeling, cheerleading.... I could go on all day. I can be fairly secure in saying that at least in this case, someguy2000 does all the work when you consider the time and energy he's putting into it. I've had the pleasure of voicing a part or two for him and credit is given; it takes me 2-3 minutes to record the lines that takes him hours (at the very least) to reformat and lip-sync and script.... Similarly, I've been privileged to help test some of his work and while it's helpful for me to say, "Hey dude, you might want to move the duel with Zimmer to an untouched location or players can `salt` the battlefield with mines" it takes him more time to move the stuff and script a teleport after building/adding a new location than it did for me to write it. It took all of five minutes to write a snippet of script for weapon integration for one of the mods, but someguy2000 had to figure out where to fit it into his main script so it would fire once and only once.

I'm not downplaying the contributions of anyone who assists in projects; someguy2000 gives credit where it is due. I can't speak for other contributors, but I'm satisfied with being part of a support team while the man who has put untold hours of his own time; his blood, sweat, and tears into the project gets the spotlight. It's his baby and he deserves the credit he gets. He's just as willing to help out the rest of the community; I've asked for opinions and advice on some of my story entries and he's taken time out of his schedule to read for me and provide feedback; in my story entries that benefit from his wisdom I give consultation credits. It all works out in the end. :)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pardon my immediately smartass remark - after all the discussion surrounding inebriation, I had to slip it in there.

Firebase Zulu is still in the early stages of development, so the credits are incomplete, so to speak. When the finished product rolls out, there will be dozens of people credited as contributors, be it as designers, writers (I pen most of the dialogue, but DocGurgle is helping with the Legion questline), testers (lots of testers), publicity (Unoctium is working on a trailer), and of course, voice acting (there could be forty+ contributors in the release).

My only truly solo project was NVBI, and though it was well-received, it still has acute shortcomings (some of which will be remedied in the coming patch). There is no way in hell I'm making another mod completely by myself.

Except for my Sword of Sigdan, but that doesn't count. :)

drum roll! and the oscar goes to .......... New Vegas Bounties Redux!! the director approaches the podium, wearing a beautiful evening gown designed by Blurby McFashion-Blurb, accompanied by his husband, media tycoon Ellen DeGeneres. It's a Hollywood-freaking-fairytale. More Booze!! And an Apocalypse! And a ham sandwich to soak up the booze..

Edited by johannfingermusch

drum roll! and the oscar goes to .......... New Vegas Bounties Redux!! the director approaches the podium, wearing a beautiful evening gown designed by Blurby McFashion-Blurb, accompanied by his husband, media tycoon Ellen DeGeneres. It's a Hollywood-freaking-fairytale. More Booze!! And an Apocalypse! And a ham sandwich to soak up the booze..

God it's even more fluffy than the ending of the Citadel DLC for mass effect :p

Yeah, pardon my immediately smartass remark - after all the discussion surrounding inebriation, I had to slip it in there.

Don't be man, I find drink solves most of life's problems.... Causes most of them too, but that's another story :p

Btw congrats on reaching the epic post count (1,234).

You pretty much single handedly got the ball rolling on smart, large scale quest mods man that involve more than fetch quests and travelling from A to B... Playing your mods I want to find out more about what the characters are saying, I actually paused my game and googled what the Legion Decanus in the cave was saying during the Inheritance... I've never done that with anything before, especially not something in a game.

That sir is a genuine compliment, and I don't hand them out all that often.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got high hopes about this mod, really enjoyed your other projects. Any need of a British voice actor?

Not at present, but I would keep an eye on this thread later in the summer. The mod still needs a lot of development before I begin recruiting voice actors.

• 2 weeks later...

in future development, will you add some Ranger Veteran from Baja or 1st Recon Battalion ?

just out of curiosity, any plan for a special quest ? ( discovering a secret weapon in a pre-war bunker or in a abandone Enclave bunker )

sorry for bad english

I might not be the first to tell you this, but your mods are mind blowing. Especially "The Inheritance." It was great to see your skills in the GECK progress from NVBI to NVBII and the The Inheritence. The thing that got me with The Inheritence was the dudgeon evolution but also the speech choices. I'm can't wait until this is released. I have one thing to ask, playing through NVB and The Inheritence, I don't remember any references to Ulysses. Is there any reason why? Or did I completely miss it. Anyway, I hope development goes well!

• 2 weeks later...

They aren't exactly like mortars but there are Howitzers in the vanilla game and they're legion canon since some legion dude gives you a quest to find the firing mechanism for one. So yeah, if the mortars are becoming a roadblock for you Howitzers could probably deliver the same effect (i Think)