The Age of the Dragon

Naktis

He had been preparing himself all night for this. Sitting in his corner of Lowtown, he had been resting his body and sharpening his mind in a quasi-meditative state. As the sun began rising, he knew that the time had come for action; finally something to be done. He stood up in a smooth motion that may have seemed quite difficult for some of his size, but his body was not only built on strength.

It didn't take too long for him to reach the Hanged Man, and once again he needed to duck as he entered the door. He approached the table where his would-be companions sat, nodding in acknowledgement to each of them, including one who he had not seen previously. He approached the bar, ordering a shank of boar, and sat down at the table with the others in a seat that was still too small for him.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jadaco climbed out of bed, strapping on all of his gear before he headed downstairs with Orum. He sat down at the table and was pleasantly surprised to find breakfast already ordered for him.

"Hey, whoever bought breakfast, thanks." He said pleasantly, and ate. When the qunari came in, he respectfully nodded back. Between mouthfuls, he asked "So when are we heading in, and which entrance are we using?" He also thought about what kind of combat roles they filled. He was a front-line fighter, and could rally them if things got rough, but some of the others he wasn't sure about. "May also want to discuss combat tactics and specialties, there's still going to be plenty of Darkspawn down there. For example, how does everyone fight? Do any of us have specializations? That sort of thing." He ate a bit of stew.

"A qunari?" Cyhran said with slight astonishment.

He smiles with a sly glance to the Qunari.

"This expedition seems to be really interesting.

Your race don't like long introductions, so my name is Cyhran."

Then he looks to the warrior with his Mabari, who comes to the table and begin to eat after he sit down.

"I'm Cyhran. Nice to meet you."

Cyhran takes a drink and responds to Jadacos question: I'm good with daggers and bows and have already made some poisons and herbs ​​last night.

Edited by LeoXaladin

"Nice to meet you too, Cyhran. As for me, I'm a front-line fighter, and I can rally us if we're routed. Folks back in Ferelden call people with those kind of skills a 'Champion'. Don't need to worry too much about me, I can hold my own." Jadaco replied. "Besides, I have Orum, he's a big help in his own right."

He looked over at Cyhran with a stern but not altogether hostile look, "Thank you human, for remind me how 'my race' enjoys its introductions. Very nice to meet you." He spoke with a mild voice and a subtle hint of sarcasm, though not driving it to the point of inferred anger.

He turned to Jadaco to answer his question, "I have a quite unique connection to the Fade, allowing me access to its inhabitants and their abilities. Along with this, my management of pain and ability to deliver it have given me quite a good deal of skill as a Reaver. Basically, I kill." As he finished his sentence, a waitress arrived with his shank of meat, which he proceeded to eat in a few large bites.

"Good morning." Illadriel greeted everyone who joined the rest of them at the table. When Jadaco asked his questions, the elf pulled a map of the area of the Deep Roads they'll be going to and placed it one the table between the tankards and plates. "This is the only entrance we found that hasn't collapsed." She said and pointed to the map.

Thomas ate in silence, nodding to everyone else from that group as his mouth was full with food. "You're gonna eat that?" He asked the Warden once he finished chewing. He noticed that some food had still remained in her plate. "No. Help yourself." Illadriel replied. The mage grinned from ear to ear as he took the plate and continued eating.

"Regarding the abilities" The elf started. "I was trained as a rogue. It would be for the best if everyone just sticks to the combat style they're best at." She looked at each and every one of expedition members. "I have only two advices for you. First, as much as possible try to avoid darkspawn blood, especially if you'll have any cuts or other wounds. Second, do not underestimate the darkspawn. They are not simple-minded creatures. They have tactics, they know how to set up ambushes..." Illadriel did not know what to add more to this. She never wanted to lead non Grey Wardens into the Deep Roads but they're not exactly swarming with recruits. Their number was largely decreased by the Fifth Blight and what happened in Amaranthine.

Jadaco snorted.

"Yes, that they certainly can." He held up his arm and moved it a little. "Got this from an ambush in the Battle of Denerim, arches fired from the corners and you had the Hurlocks up front, while a fireball-happy Emissary sent me flying through a wall. They're certainly clever, so never let your guard down in there." Orum walked over the Tal'Vashoth and sniffed his hand, not looking for handouts but trying to introduce himself in proper dog fashion.

Isabela rushed down the creaking, wooden stairs and almost crashed into the table, where everybody was sitting. However, she managed to still make it look as if it was all intentional, and landed sitting on her butt next to the new-comer. Well ... quite a few "new-comers" to her, anyways, since she had only met the red haired mage, Jadaco the man with the scars and Illadriel the Dalish Warden.

"Sorry! The night has been shorter than I had assumed so I slept in," Isabela apologized, suppressing a yawn and instead continued talking. "So, what are we up to? We got an entrance?" she asked and at the same time made a gesture with her hand to the waiter, ordering some breakfast for herself, since she was obviously too late for the one that Illadriel had bought for the group.

She apologized once more for the delay, then dug into the food while waiting for further explanation about today's travel.

"You fought in Denerim?" Illadriel inquired. At the time she wasn't even a Warden and she was far away from Ferelden at the time of the battle as her clan fled to get away from the darkspawn.

The elf nodded to the pirate woman who joined them at the table. "We do." She said and pointed to the map on the table.

Thomas watched the woman curiously. "Hey! You're the one who helped the red-haired elf!" He spoke. It felt weird calling the girl the red-haired elf but he didn't know how else to call her.

"The famous Pirate Queen Isabela. Now I finally meet her.

My name is Cyhran and I look forward to travel with you.

Someday we should compete against each other."

Cyhran asks Illadriel, Thomas and Isabela curiously: "Who's the red haired elf you're talking about?"

Edited by LeoXaladin