The Age of the Dragon

Naktis

"I have no name," he responded, "I left that behind when I left the Qun."

With that said, his meat arrived, gifted by this newcomer. He nodded toward him in recognition of his gift, and began to eat.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And my name is Thomas." The mage chipped in quickly, grinning as he spoke. "And this is Illadriel" He pointed to the Dalish warden which was about to introduce herself "This here, is a red-haired elf who's too suspicious to tell her name." He laughed and looked around. " I'm hungry. Anyone wants anything?"

"You know the Dalish language?" Illadriel inquired the red-haired elf. She was quite surprised to hear it from an elf she met in the city.

Alaila shook her head at Thomas' question because she had eaten before. Turning back to the Warden, she looked at the woman, making a long pause before saying anything.

"I was with them since I was 5 years old. It was only natural that I came to learn their language, as well." she said, looking for her pipe. Oh, it was in her pocket. She feared she lost it.

"You left the Qun....that makes you Tal-oh, what was the term.... Tal-Vashoth, right?" Jadaco asked, impressed with himself for even remembering the term, correct or not.

The white-haired man, Thomas, introduced everybody. Jadaco nodded at each of them as he pointed.

"How do you all do?" he asked, and smiled.

Despite his mangled arm and mabari, Jadaco was a nice guy, or so he was told. He was a traveller, so he went almost everywhere armed. Thinking about it now, he probably intimidated a lot of people, something he didn't try to do. Ironically, that elf, the one who wouldn't divulge her name, was intimidating him. She was hiding something, but then, lots of people did, whether it be a shady past or their status as an apostate mage. Jadaco wasn't sure about the war. He saw both sides of the story easily, and his own Father had been lost to the minions of a demon and her host, but the mages weren't all bad, nor were they all maleficarum. And it had been a mage, specifically a Spirit Healer, (Who harbour fade spirits with themselves.) Who had healed his arm (not that it looked like it.) and in doing so insuring it remained fully functional. Sure, some bones pressed against his skin, but they weren't broken. As an apothecary had explained to him, the spell with which Wynne had healed him had probably caused the bones to regrow instead of adjust themselves to fit into their original positions, meaning that the bones jutting against his skin weren't broken bones, but simply misplaced extensions with nowhere else to go. Several of the bones in his left arm probably looked like tree branches, with random branches sticking out and connecting to nothing. It was quite possibly a one-of-a-kind condition, as not many have had most of the bones in their arm snapped, and then healed with a spell unique to spirit healers within a few hours of initially receiving the injury. It was another reason the second-born Phalanx was actually somewhat proud of his scar: it was unique.

Edited by Flipout6

He was genuinely impressed with the man's knowledge, as many did not know what to call him unless they were told, "Very good. Knowledge is a good thing, human, use it well."

Turning back to the warden he spoke, "All this sitting around and meeting new people is all well and good, but I am prepared to accompany you in some 'hunting'."

Thomas brushed past the patrons towards the counter. The Hanged Man was bustling with people at this time of the evening. He returned few minutes later, carrying four plates with delicious food. The mage had no idea who's the new cook but the food in the tavern is much better than it was before.

Illadriel stared at her plate, deep in her thoughts. She raised her head and glanced at the Tal-Vashoth. "We will leave first thing in the morning. It is too dark to leave now." She then looked at Jadaco. If you wish you can go with us tomorrow. We will be heading to the Deep Roads and we could always use an able warrior."

Thomas devoured his food while listening to the conversation.

Alaila quickly glanced at Jadaco when he presented his question, not answering anything. If the elf knew, she would have found it amusing that the warrior found her intimidating. Sure, she was all mysterious-with-a-hood-like and could burn a man when angry, but she never would have found herself as the intimidating type.

Even though the elf seemed uninterested in the conversation of the others, she listened to it and was absorbing information. They are leaving for the Deep Roads tomorrow morning, so that meant they will be getting her out of the town tomorrow morning, as well. And that meant she had to get some things from her old home before leaving Kirkwall. The sooner the better, the red-hair thought with a sigh.

It was getting dark and she should return to the Alienage soon. Not right now, of course, she wanted to make sure the others are heading out as well so she wouldn't miss any information.

Jadaco winced, but had his answer immediately.

"Sure, I'll go with you. I got no problem with Darkspawn, and only a small one with close spaces. I could leave right now if I wanted to. And if we run into trouble, if all else fails, I can wave my arm around. Psychological warfare at its finest."

Meanwhile another guest comes into the tavern. He wears light-dark hunting clothes with red signs and symbols, white fur and metal parts. His head is hidden under a hood. Behind his hip are two daggers pointing in opposite directions. As he goes to the bartender, he takes off his hood. His hair is long and white, his skin is tanned and he wears a tattoo with a strange symbol on his face.

"Bartender, give me the best thing you have." He says in a quiet voice.

With surprised look the bartender replies, "I can't get used to your teeth."

"Sometimes I get the feeling that you're a wolf, which is going to eat me" (Laughs)

"As long as you do not mess it," smiled the stranger.

"And how's it going with the orders?"

The white-haired man sighs: "It seems the people in this town need no hunters or mercenaries at the moment ..."

Edited by LeoXaladin

With no further reason to stay here, he got up to leave, possibly to lowtown -seeing as he had nowhere to stay.

"I guess we will be meeting up here tomorrow then to head into the Deep Roads."

He looked to the various people at the table for acknowledgement, focusing on the Warden elf a bit longer than the others.