The Age of the Dragon

Naktis

Thomas finished his dinner and slowly arose from his seat. "Well since we're retiring for the night already I think I'll be going home as well. Night!" The mage yawned and slowly made his way towards the exit. He had a small run down house in Lowtown which had a few repairs but still looked... shabby.

Illadriel nodded to both the Tal-Vashoth and the white haired mage, acknowledging their wish to leave. She sat at the table quietly for a moment before starting to rummage through her bag. Once the elf found what she was looking for she arose from her seat and made her way towards the bar. There she attached a letter and returned to her seat.

The letter or rather a notice said:

I'm looking for able warriors and scouts to join me to the Deep Roads expedition.

We'll be leaving tomorrow morning from the Hanged Man tavern in Lowtown, Kirkwall.

I'll be paying 50 sovereigns (gold coins) for everyone who wishes to accompany me in the expedition.

Illadriel of the Grey Wardens.

Below the name was a wax stamp with the Grey Wardens insignia which should be a good enough proof that the notice wasn't a trick.

For a moment the Dalish Warden stared at the notice before returning to her seat. The old notice she posted few days ago was no longer in its place. She only hoped that this one will stay up there longer. She was going to pay everyone that joined her because luckily she had the money to do so.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stranger also looks at the note.

Then he says to the bartender with joyful voice: "Must be my lucky day ."

"Seems so," nods the bartender.

The man goes to the place where the elf warden and the female rogue are.

"Hi I want to join the expedition into the Deep Roads."

The stranger bowed to the warden and says:

"When I may introduce myself, my name is Cyhran.

I'm a mercenary, hunter and assassin. Furthermore a master in

handling with daggers, longbows, poisons and medicines.", smiles Cyhran.

Edited by LeoXaladin

Once it was clear that everybody was leaving, Alaila rose from her seat and grabbed her wooden staff, holding her little bag tightly.

"Dareth shiral." she said quietly to everyone, having no interest in joining the expedition. Darkspawn...there are far too many stories, and for some she didn't want to know if they were true.

Not waiting for anyone to greet her nor speak to her, she pulled her hood back on and swiftly left the tavern, quietly walking in the direction of Lowtown.

"A pleasure to meet you. I'd be happy to have you." The Dalish said to the white haired mercenary. She was surprised to hear that he was an assassin and how easily he admitted it. But Wardens needs any help they can get...

"As you wish." She said to the shadow woman. She did not believe in what the woman said. It is most likely that she hopes to steal her gold and run off which wouldn't be so easy as Illadriel was a rogue as well.

Thomas slowly walked home, whistling the cheery tune he heard somewhere. The mage noticed how two templars were dragging an unconscious robed man. "Poor guy." He thought to himself as he watched the scene. He did not know whether the Templars are executing the escaped mages or turns them into Tranquils. Whatever the case many mages thinks that being a Tranquil is worse than dying. Thomas wasn't sure which one would be worse for him.

Alaila was watching the same scene as Thomas, feeling her heart beating faster. That could have been her. It could have been her body they were dragging off to Creators-know-where. Raped, killed, made Tranquil....those where usually the options. The first two were the most common, or so she has heard in the last few days she was in this shemlen town.

Thank the Creators, she will be far away from it by tomorrow night. But...then what? She has no money, she has no leads, she has no where to go. The elf shook her head, abandoning those thoughts. She will worry about that once she's far away from this trice-cursed city.

Fortunately for the red-haired made, the Templars didn't see her and continued their way with the unconscious mage. The elf ran far away from the place, accidentally running into Thomas. She was about to scream, but the elf managed to cover her mouth before shriek left her mouth. It would have drawn back the Templars.

"I-I...my apologies. I wasn't looking where I was going. The....the Templars have..." Alaila stopped, trying to breathe normally. It was her first encounter since she was a child and even that was just from far away, she didn't need to fear for her life. Especially now, when they were even more ruthless than before.

"Then I say goodbye for today. See you tomorrow. "

Cyhran goes to the exit, throws 1 Sovereign to the bartender, which he catches, and says lastly: " Keep the rest."

He takes up his hood, opens the door and goes outside.

Before the entrance to the Hanging Man he looks at the sky and think that the full moon shines brightly beautiful today. Then he goes to the hightown.

Edited by LeoXaladin

Elvira smiled. it wasn't actually her intent to steal anything from the warden... she much preferred sticking it to the disgustingly rich. But she hadn't been in a challenging, or interesting situation in quite a while, and this would certainly provide both of those in abundance. Elvira gave a slight smile to Illadriel, she could tell the woman didn't like her already, maybe it was because she was a shadow? But she didn't seem to have a problem with an assassin. Elvira walked out of the inn without another word, and headed into the night.

As everyone left, he too left and headed toward lowtown. He saw the same Mage being dragged away as the others, but didn't think much of it; they must've been careless to end up so. It took him a short amount of time to get to lowtown, and when he did he walk threw a few crowds of bums to end up at his 'home'. His home here really amounted to nothing but a dead-end he had cleaned up for personal use. He sat down and assumed a meditative pose with his greatsword on his lap, and entered a light half-sleep that he could easily stir himself if needed.

Illadriel remained in the inn. She had rented a room here and she had nothing important to do for the night.

Thomas was walking home when suddenly someone bumped into him. He was about to grab for his dagger when he noticed that it was the red-haired elf from the tavern. "Yes, they have captured someone." The mage mumbled as he glanced at the direction to which the Templars went. "I can walk with you to the Alienage if you wish." Thomas suggested. He noticed how she stumbled over her words and thought it was a good idea to walk her home, he did know a few places to hide after all.