The Age of the Dragon

Naktis

The not-so-distant sounds of screaming and battle reached Jadaco's ears when the doors to the tavern opened. Shouts to find somebody echoed throughout the streets, and when Jadaco went outside of the tavern to investigate, he saw a group of templars chasing somebody.... A red-haired elf, with a staff on her back. Alaila. Jadaco drew one of his blades and called to his faithful mabari.

"Orum, come!" He gestured. When he began to run after the templars, his gray hound easily kept pace. He was far behind, and as a result the templars and Alaila managed to evade him before he could catch up. The sounds of the templars saying they should "have fun" reached his ears, and he rushed to the source of the noise. No sign of Alaila, but plenty of dead templars. He cursed. He looked around everywhere, and eventually saw Alaila walking with someone from a distance. He didn't like the look of this. He followed the pair, only to find them loop back to the tavern. He followed them in, swords still drawn, and challenged Alaila's new friend, a pirate, by the looks of it.

"You there, woman, what are you planning with her, exactly?" He pressed the tip of his blade against the woman's throat, but didn't underestimate her. He was poised to counterattack should she manage to deflect or bat away his blade and survive. "At least a woman or two was part of that group, about to do..things....to her. Explain yourself!" Orum growled lowly.

Edited by Flipout6

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything happened so quickly that once he realized that someone is fighting the Templars the battle was over. He wandered around Lowtown looking for the red-haired elf. What if she was caught? He was to help her flee the city next thing tomorrow but what if it's too late now?

Thomas wandered around even frantically but found nothing. Once he walked past the Hanged Man he saw the mage heading inside with someone else that did not look like the templar. He sighed in relief. Illadriel and the scarred man were still in the tavern when they left, they will help her if something happens.

Thomas stared at the door of the tavern for a moment before heading back home. He had more than exciting adventures for today. As he walked a group of templars approached him. "Have you seen the mage around here? An elf. She was with someone else." The templar quickly said. As Thomas wasn't carrying a staff nor walking around in robes they had no idea that he's also the mage. "I think they went to Hightown." He finally replied. The templars exchanged quick glances before rushing down the street. Satisfied with his little trick Thomas continued to go home.

Illadriel waited for any more questions that Jadaco may have but then suddenly he arose from his seat and left. He came back shortly after the red-haired elf returned with some other woman. His reaction surprised her.

The Dalish arose from her seat and walked up to them. "There's no need for blades here. Sheath your weapon, friend." She spoke and eyed the woman that accompanied the elven mage back to the tavern. Somehow she looked familiar. Maybe she saw her here in Kirkwall during her short visit?

Illadriel also heard what Jadaco said. Someone wanted to do something to the elf... but from what she saw this woman wasn't forcing the red-haired mage to come here and mages are far from defenseless.

Alaila wasn't sure who this woman, her sudden friend was, and she didn't know what to feel about her. The pirate was...a sort of woman whose kind Alaila had never met before. It was confusing, to say at least, and her blood was still filled with adrenaline due to running around and all the action from before.

The mage looked at the pirate when she asked her question, shaking her head.

"No" was the only answer Isabela got, the elf putting on her hood partially, just to hide her ginger hair.

Alaila twitched when that man from before appeared behinded the pirate and her, causing her to grip her staff tighter. He was...accusing this woman she was with? Could it be possible that the pirate was nothing more than a cleverly disguised templar? Or was the man with a mabari an agent for the templars, trying to get them both to confess they are indeed the mage and the woman who escaped the earlier capture?

He elf took a step away from both of them as her paranoia grew, until the Dalish warden appeared. The man was her friend? Didn't she meet him just a few minutes ago? What if they were all working for the templars? What about Thomas - he was a mage, too. Templars would never work with a mage.

The mage was unsecure - they could all be working with the enemy and she couldn't trust anybody but the other mage. Still, a warden shouldn't worry about mage-templar war, not to mention a Dalish. And Thomas seemed to trust her and he managed to stay unnoticed so far.

Just maybe she can trust those two. The others were complete strangers for her. Alaila stayed silent when Jadaco, that man with a mabari almost attacked Isabela, waiting to see how this all plays out.

"I heard a group of people surround her and say that they were going to 'have a bit of fun with her,' meaning her." He said, indicating Alaila. "Next thing I know, there's fighting, and suddenly this complete stranger has her arm around her. What am I supposed to think?" Jadaco said all this in a room-level voice to Illadriel, instead of shouting. He didn't want the whole bar seeing the elf, a wanted mage. With this thought track, he looked at her partially, still paying attention to the pirate. "You may want to sit down. If this makes a scene, you of all people don't want to be a part of it. A fight between two armed strangers in a tavern is going to attract a lot of attention."

He turned his attention back to the pirate. He didn't like the look of her. No pants, a bandana around her head, and a pair of knives on her back. This one was a fighter, and her intentions were unknown. He lowered the blade in his un-scarred hand, keeping one pressed up to the woman's neck. This whole situation was quite odd for him. He was used to answering to nobody, meaning Illadriel's attempt at peace was met with a hidden-and very small- shred of defiance within him. But he also usually got along well with others, and ignoring attempts at peacemaking was against his nature. To top that all off, he was trying protecting somebody else. His emotions were a mixture of confusion, suspicion, anger, and warmth. It wouldn't affect his ability to fight, should he require it.

Edited by Flipout6

He heard the raucous from his position, but he was too deep to pay any real attention to it. He knew it would be handled well, and it still wasn't dawn, so he stayed put.

Illadriel watched the scene, thinking what to do. Some of the patrons were staring at them and whispering something to each other. They're already attracting attention and clearly unwanted one too. The last thing she needed is a tavern brawl. "If she really wanted to do something to her I doubt she'd bring the girl to a public place." She tried to calm Jadaco down. "If she really had some bad intentions, her plan failed because we're here, so please lower your weapon before the innkeeper kicked us out."

Jadaco sighed, exasperated, and lowered his other blade, quickly bringing it to his side.

"Fine. But I've my eyes on her. She tries anything, and there's going to be a problem. And pirates tend to cause problems." He sheathed both of his blades over his back, and sat down at Illadriel's table, where he was before he left to look for Alaila. He stared suspiciously at the pirate. "Damn it, I can tell just by looking at you that you were up to no good." He said to the pirate. "Perhaps if we met under certain circumstances, this wouldn't have happened."

He looked to Illadriel. "This is all very confusing. Usually I work well with others, but I perceived her as a threat. Goes against my nature to threaten or intimidate anyone."

"Somebody with reason!" Isabela exclaimed after Illadriel suggested to leave her be.

As the man took the blade off of her, she rubbed her neck a little, a slightly angry look on her face. "I usually don't have anything against a little blades, violence ... handcuffs and such, but I also like some gratitude? Maybe?"

She didn't wait for an answer however and trudged to the bar, ordering some ale.

As she waited for the bar tender, after he was done staring at her suspiciously and angrily, she noticed a letter nearby. A letter with a very distinct insignia.

"The Grey Wardens? Andraste's nipples," she giggled as she read through it, smiling to herself.

"Well, well, seems I have saved somebody important then?" she asked, turning her head back to the group of people, but especially the red haired elf.

She grabbed her ale and decided to join up with them again, seating herself on the bench Illadriel sat on - the woman who had reasoned with the scarred man before - and asked quietly who of them the Grey Warden was, for she had only encountered very few herself.

"If you are going into the Deep Roads, I might be of some use to you," she winked. "I've been there before myself ... quite a while ago, but still."

Edited by SteffiSyndrom

The elf relaxed once the possible fight was stopped and everybody was calm again. Her breathing calmed down as well, making it easier for the mage to think. Just one more night in this town. She can hold out that long. All she needs is a room to sleep in and everything will be fine. She approached the bartender and rent a room for the night, giving silver to the suspicious man. She didn't like the way the man looked at her, as if he knew something, but she needed her rest.

Murmuring a quick 'good night' to the rest of group, she hurried upstairs, trying to be seen by as little number of people as possible.

Illadriel, relieved that the fighting was stopped before it truly began returned to her seat. She heard the pirate woman speaking. "Actually, I am the Grey Warden." She replied without looking at the woman.

"The pirate was in the Deep Roads? What could she possibly do down there?" The Dalish thought to herself. "Before we decide that, I think an introduction would be in order. Illadriel of the Grey Wardens." She introduced herself, this time her eyes were on the pirate woman.