No longer checking for updated mods

Gyzzidonth

First, let me state that I love Vortex. I fairly recently did a full OS reload on my machine, and decided to install it instead of NMM.

Now for the issue:

I upgraded Vortex from v0.17.11 to v0.18.6

Now when I do a "Check for Updated Mods", it starts the search... and finds nothing within seconds.

Before (with v0.17.11), it would take approx 20-30 seconds before it completed searching for updated mods.

There are newer versions of mods on Nexus versus what I have installed, but they do not show in Vortex as needing to be updated.

It is like the Update function just stopped working all-together.

I tried to downgrade to the following versions to see if it was just the latest version:

• v0.18.5
  • v0.18.4
  • v0.18.3
  • v0.18.2
  • v0.18.1

All with no luck. I even tried to downgrade back to what I originally had (v0.17.11), and that is no longer working now either.

So, now I am back to v0.18.6 and it still will not find updates for mods.

Any suggestions?

P.S. The logs show absolutely no errors.

When you changed over to Vortex, did you download your mods with Vortex, or are you using the already downlaoded mod archives from your previous install of NMM.

The reason I ask, is Vortex probably doesn't have the Mod Info to actually check for updates.

Double click on a mod in the MODS tab, and a panel will open up on the right hand side, is there any info in it, along with SOURCE drop down with NEXUS in it?

*(Edited for Focus)

Side-Panel.jpg

When you changed over to Vortex, did you download your mods with Vortex, or are you using the already downlaoded mod archives from your previous install of NMM.

The reason I ask, is Vortex probably doesn't have the Mod Info to actually check for updates.

Double click on a mod in the MODS tab, and a panel will open up on the right hand side, is there any info in it, along with SOURCE drop down with NEXUS in it?

*(Edited for Focus)

----

This was a brand new Vortex install on a brand new OS. I downloaded all the mods (for Fallout 4 ~ over 100, and Skyrim ~ about 70) with Vortex. It worked fine for months.

As soon as I updated to the latest version of Vortex, it broke the mod updates.

Before, it would scan and find updates for mods (and would take 20-30 seconds to complete). Now it just says no new updates found after a couple of seconds.

Guest deleted34304850

what happens if you logout of the website, and logout of vortex, then login to vortex, then login to the website and click authorise (or whatever it is now that will allow your vortex and your website logon to sync)?

my thought here is to break the connection between vortex and the website and re-create it, and see if that helps?

what happens if you logout of the website, and logout of vortex, then login to vortex, then login to the website and click authorise (or whatever it is now that will allow your vortex and your website logon to sync)?

my thought here is to break the connection between vortex and the website and re-create it, and see if that helps?

Just did as you suggested:

• Logged out of website. (And completely close Chrome)
  • Logged out of Vortex
  • Started Chrome, logged back into Nexus.
  • Started Vortex, reauthorized.

Same result. Still won't work.

Is quite aggravating.

Just wanted to say I have the same situation as the OP since updating to Vortex 0.18.6. Prior to the update Vortex would take a minute or two to check for updates to 175 Skyrim SE mods. Now the update check takes less than 5 seconds and no updates have been found since updating to Vortex 0.18.6. I have not had the time to individually check each mod for an update but it is highly unusual for that many mods to NOT have any updates in the time since Vortex 0.18.6 was released.

Guest deleted34304850

what happens if you try this;

1. disable/remove a mod you believe should be updated by vortex

2. download/install the mod

3. check the mod version or any other identifier that shows it would have been updated?

what happens if you try this;

1. disable/remove a mod you believe should be updated by vortex

2. download/install the mod

3. check the mod version or any other identifier that shows it would have been updated?

I am just going to wait for a future version of Vortex to get this resolved. I know for a fact that there are newer mods listed on Nexus versus what I have installed (Sim Settlements for example).

This is a known problem already as listed on GitHub:

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/4544

Multiple people here, and there have reported it.