Beyond the Sea

BaldurAnthology

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siobhan winced at the memory.

"First time kicks like a mule. Afterwards, it becomes easier. This is why you should probably use that here. That way, you're safe. However, I notice Splicers don't harm anyone who just had their first, they sorta laugh and move on, after checking for Adam." She gently brushed her hand against his shoulder.

"You'll be fine. Now, eat up, and we'll see about you using that Plasmid."

Charles Meriwether Greenrose: Siobhan's Apartment

Charles gratefully ate up the stew and put the dishes in the sink once he was done. Afterwards, he picked up the plasmid and inspected it again. After a bit, he found the ball on top to be the handle of a syringe that extended into the container. As he drew it out, he could see the glowing of the liquid intensify.

"As easy as insert and press, eh?" He asked.

Dylan knew he would have to be on his guard here, as he didn't even really know where he was going. He was deep within his own mind when he heard a gun cock from behind him. He jump behind the nearest cover, a garbage can, as the assailant began firing his weapon, which appeared to be automatic. Finally the rain of lead let up, and Dylan got up to shoot. He fired one shot, missing the splicer by a foot or so, and received a shot to his arm and shoulder. He fell over, dropping his gun and gasping in pain. Realizing his dilemma, the splicer began to waltz over to him with confidence. With the end upon him, Dylan lifted his hand -which began to burn- and snapped his fingers at the splicer, who's shirt immediately caught fire. The man started screaming and ripping his shirt off, and Dylan used the opportunity to pull his knife out of his pocket and throw it into the splicer's throat.

The wounds were no worse than anything else he had experienced, so he just prepared himself for a little surgeon activity. Dylan grabbed his gun from the floor and shoved it in his pocket, his knife from the splicer, and used some vodka to sterilize the knife after he wiped the blood off. He dug into his arm and removed the bullets, which gladly didn't go too deep, and cauterized the wound. It wasn't professional, but he sure did fine work. Leaning back against the wall, he took some time to recover.

Charles Meriwether Greenrose - Siobhan's Apartment

Charles heeded Siobhan's advice to sit on the couch and sat down. He then extended his arm for injection. He had injected himself with medicine before, but never with something as radical as a plasmid. He carefully positioned the needle over a vein in his left wrist. He took a deep breath, prayed, plunged the needle in, and pressed the button.

A second later, a burning sensation surged through Charles's arm and he ripped the syringe out and tossed it across the room. He grunted in pain as the burning spread throughout his body. He flopped back against the couch as if in a car at excessive speed, violently shaking as strange energy began to radiate from him. A few seconds later, he blacked out.

A time later, he woke back up lying on his back on the couch. He started to move, but stilled again as he jostled his left arm and made it sting. He tried sitting again, more carefully this time. He managed to reach a seated position, but his arm was still on fire. When he looked up, he saw Siobhan.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Siobhan smirked from where she sat in her favorite armchair across from the couch. She had finished the dishes and sat down, waiting for Charles to wake up. Not getting up, she continued smirking as she watched Charles recovering from his first Plasmid injection. She pointed at the glass of water on the table, and raised an eyebrow.

"Take it easy, drink some water. I told ye it would kick like a mule, didn't I? Didn't believe me? Ha, I remember my first Plasmid injection, although I didn't have nearly as comfortable of a wake up as you did. Now, you should be able to use that Plasmid immediately, that's how they worked for me, anyway. However, it will take some practice to get used to the feeling, so take it slow. Also, sorry if I got a bit.. over the top last night. I don't remember much, but when I have more than two bottles of whiskey... let's say I get a bit frisky." She snickered at the unintentional rhyme.

Dylan continued on his way, and he was starting to get pretty hungry. After a while he found himself by the cashier of the the resturaunt, and he looked behind the counter. Sadly, there was no food there, and nothing to satisfy his hunger. Nearby there was a small pool of water with a live cable in it, and a small makeshift bridge across. Splicer usually weren't too bright, so it was unlikely one of them made this. Dylan lifted his hand and snapped his fingers, which melted the rubber on the cable and cut of the electrical flow from the water. After that all he had to do was walk across and down the hallway, where he found a locked door. He knocked.

Siobhan heard the knock at the door, and leapt out of her seat, motioning for Charles to stay seated. She grabbed her shotgun, and pushed the combination into the lock, causing the door to slide open. She saw a man outside, who smelled like drink. He didn't look like a splicer, but she still had to know where he had come from.

"All right, I can see ye aren't one of those splicers, but I need to know, where did you come from?"

"Olympic Heights. Would've gone back home, but I kinda lost my way after taking a little detour. Though it seems as though it was quite fortunate that I took said detour, seeing as how you're the first non-splicer I've seen since the riots."