Why are Modders leaving Nexus

kenmorlock

I can't help but notice some of the long time modders are pulling mods off of Nexus...
Does anyone have a answer as to whats going on and why....and honestly,how to get them back?
Or does Nexus feel they can do without these modders who have been doing nothing but great work?
Im a bit ticked their leaving....and others should be also....And Nexus shouldnt be the place
for these modders to leave but rather come together...WTF is going on?

Some feel they're spending too much time modding and not enough doing other things.

Some get really burned out, especially those of us who have been making mods for a long time, and just want to quit.

Some are fed up with people taking their work and uploading elsewhere - some of whom even make money from these thefts.

Some are fed up with entitled users demanding things while offering nothing in return.

Some are fed up with entitled mod makers acting superior.

Some decided they don't like the ToS of this site.

Some decided they don't like how the site looks. (Although, setting zoom to 80% stops it looking so much like a toddler's picture book with huge letters and pictures.)

Some don't know they can hand their mods to TheCareTaker and quit while still leaving their mods available.

Some are tired of writing lengthy Description pages that nobody reads
Some are tired of being told to update their mod by users, EVERY SINGLE TIME Bethesda updates Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 for CC content
Some are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over again despite writing Stickies and FAQs

Jeir surely is correct on many of those things. I'm burned out, and have a lot going on in my life. I disappeared several times. Am back, but for how long, I know not. As for modding, I may do something for Skyrim if I find some extra time. Truth is, I found that I like playing much more than modding.

I personally am severely burnt out on Skyrim. It's been a long time since I was even able to bring myself to complete a playthrough. 15 minutes in I just think 'oh sod it, what's the point?'

The painful irony of all this is that I've finished modding my Skyrim to work and look exactly the way I want, after all these years I've finally done it, but it's taken so long I've lost interest.

Oh! The futility of existence!

I reckon I have another two mods left in me for Skyrim SE before I call it the end of an era.