Screenshot Share

SerecenHwke

I respectfully disagree with the removal of the image tag usage in images. I do however, respect your decisions, as you all do have to deal with what goes on behind the scenes for the website.

I just could not say I am not disappointed that it will be going away. It's a great tool to use whenever you want to post more than one image to a set, to make it feel like that set is a story. All of the images I have uploaded to the Nexus have been in that multi-image layout, as I feel like telling a story in a set than instead of just one image. I would imagine it would be quite a hassle uploading a story set, since you would have to upload image #1 as an image alone, and then upload the rest of the images one at a time.

I'm not opposed to change, as change always happens, but I will definitely miss that function when it goes away.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ForestTech;

This is why:

Internal Nexus Staff Convo posted Aug 16, 2013, 08:52 AM:

Alright, if you believed that the 'full gallery in description' craze cannot get any worse, here is the latest abuse:

Report: <link snipped since it's only accessible internally>

And the wastebinned image:

<link snipped since it's only accessible internally>

70 (seventy) images were embedded into the image description!!!

I'd say we should set a limit for the maximum number of images that may be embedded.

No, as any such limit would penalise those users who have less time on their hands who cannot wait x minutes/hours between uploads to post their allotted 5-10 images per day. We don't recognise "flooding" (uploading all your day's allowance in a short period of time) as anything wrong. Some people just have less time on their hands. Why punish them for that?

• 2 weeks later...